Question about the Bier Garten

Hikini

I've been on the Sky and the Star and have yet to visit the Bier Garten. It has never appealed to me since I'm not a beer drinker. We're going to be on the Spirit in less than 4 weeks and I was wondering....what do you get besides beer at the Bier Garten? I know the beer is something you pay extra for, obviously, but are there food items that are "free" in there? Just curious! (We'll be with some who would like the Bier Garten, I'm sure!)

This is one thing I love about these boards. We can learn things before we go, then don't look foolish when we're on the ship because we already know how it works!:p

Hikini:D

On the Spirit, the Bier Garten is nothing really special. It did have the big pretzels, but both times I got them it was late in the day and they were hard. I did like it, though, because it was another venue to hang out in and was outside.

We had awesome weather on our cruise, so everything outside was open... they had hambergers, hot dogs, curly fries, pretzels, and all the veggies... food is pretty good... they normally have a "sailing away" BBQ (providing the weather is good) from 1:30pm to 3:30pm (i fully recommend the BBQ)... have a great cruise!

We just returned from Alaska and it was open every day. The had some German salads,pretzels, and pretzel rolls. Each day they also had a different carved meat--smoked pork roast, to die for, a nd German meatloaf.

I don't wish to hijack the thread here, just interested if anyone can say what beer they had in the Bier Garten on some of the ships. I was dissapointed that the Dream only had Budwieser and Heiniken on draft, epsecially given all the good quality Micro Brews available out of Seattle and Alaska.

Hi Mc Cruiser!

Did you get the chance to go into Juneau and tour the Alaskan Brewery? They have free beer :-) We start on the light beer side and head to the dark side. I guess the really really dark side if you get tipsy! ;)

Tell Calmac we said HI!

head to the dark side

Very Yoda esque :)

We didn't have time to get to the factory with the glacier trip, but we did manage to sample a few in the port, while watching the float planes come in and pick up a few Alaskan Brewery tee shirts.

Also one 'Hi' passed on to Calmac, and nice to hear from you again Kasebri. I see Seattleadjuster is busy posting again. Must be getting those itchy cruising feet again :D

Hee hee :p SeattleAdjuster just can't stop dreaming and really wants to head out again. I like it when he tells me it's time to look!! That is when my work begins :D I think that he is addicted to cruising... maybe I am too!

I see you have the cruise bug too!! I learned so much on better prices from our meeting that I can't wait to try it all out!!!

Re: the Bier Garten on the Star....on the 8/7/05 cruise, the Bier Garten was opened sporadically and NEVER served food or pretzels of any kind!! And we had the warmest weather one could ever expect in Alaska, so, who knows? (My husband was dying for a large pretzel...he never found one!)

Archived