Booking excursions online

daveky

I've never booked my excursions online before, always did it on the TV as soon as I embarked.

Wanting to try it on my next cruise due to afraid one of the excursions I want may sell out before I board.

Would like comments good and bad from those who have booked excursions on website before they board.

Thanks

Dave

We never had a problem...in fact we had one excursion cancelled due to weather and it was credited to our account immediately. Our friends were waitlisted on a excursion they booked online and surprisingly they received tickets for this excursion...I am sure they were so far up on the waitlist. Your shipboard account is not charged until you get on the ship.

I always try to book our excursions early on. This way I can pay for them before we leave and do not have to worry about them being sold out. I also book some excursions independently. If you book thru the cruiseline, your tickets will be in your stateroom waiting for you. If you decide to cancel, they will credit your account.

Tracey

We were on the Legend in June and did the on line thing. No problem at all. I think it was the second day all our tickets were in an envolope and on our bed when we came back from dinner. I like the idea of already paying for up front and not having on S & S card. Will do again for June 2006.

I've never booked my excursions online before, always did it on the TV as soon as I embarked.

Wanting to try it on my next cruise due to afraid one of the excursions I want may sell out before I board.

Would like comments good and bad from those who have booked excursions on website before they board.

Thanks

Dave

The only way to go is booking online IMO. Nothing bad to report. Early booking online you get the time you want usually. Less to do when you board so you can enjoy your vacation right away without having to run around and standing in line for excursion sign up.

Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like booking online is the way to go. If you look at my cruise list, things have come along way. Use to have to stand in line, then changed to fill out a form and drop in box in the center of the ship with first come first serve, then book online on TV in stateroom, now internet.

I'm not worried about using internet as I'm a tax accountant and computers, e-file, etc everyday life for me, just wanted to make sure they had the bugs out of it. Didn't see a negative reply.

Thanks again and happy cruising.

Dave

Definitely book on-line if there is something you really want to do. When we went to Hawaii last year, there was one excursions I really wanted to do thru the cruiseline and we booked it as soon as we could online. Our friends also wanted to do it, but waited until about 3 weeks before sailing. The excursion was already sold out. They tried to book it onboard, but couldn't and were very disappointed.

The only thing that can be considered "bad" is that your credit card will be charged as soon as you book the excursion, so you money is tied up a little longer. Have a great time!

I've booked over the Internet ever since it was possible to do so. I try to book as soon as my cruise is available on the RCI website. For our upcoming cruise we decided to cancel two of the tours and go on our own. I also did this on the Internet and the credit appeared on my Amex statement within two days. So much easier than the good old days.

Thanks for all of the positive input, guys. Booked all of my excursions today on internet, got email confirmation and ready to go. That was much nicer than running to the room after embarking and booking then, sometimes to find out something had sold out, and one time, the computers were down.

Bummer.

This is the only way to go.

Now, just have to pack and head out in acouple of weeks.

Dave

Archived