Norwegian Fjords

Thecat123

Is the 21 day St Petersburg & Scandinavia cruise really worth the 39 hour flight to get there from New Zealand?

We have done the Antarctica Patagonia cruise with the Quest which was really good. Just kind of wondering if it would be much the same experience. We also have some good fjords in NZ and also cruised Alaska. Maybe we should do the Antarctica cruise again which is only a 14 hour flight

Don't like these long flights and the high costs

Edited by Thecat123

Yep! We did the Norwegian Fjords last year and the Baltic, including St Petersburg 3 years ago. Being your "next door neighbours" we too have to do the long flights every time we want to travel outside of Asia. Both itineraries are worth doing. And the flights become "routine" over time. Where we really get hit, relative to US and European residents, is the costs.

I am not sure.I have cruised both Alaska (Stunning!) and the Norwegian fiords

The fiords are Ok but not a patch on Alaska.No interesting wildlife ,boring towns(Bergen excepted) and very changeable weather.

If I were flying across the globe to Europe I would stick to the med.

We just did the Norwegian fjords (not Baltic) and had perfect weather the whole 2 weeks so it was a wonderful experience and totally worth the long flights/cost. Frankly, if you are planning to spend thousands on a Seabourn cruise then baulking at the cost of flights seems illogical? It's great living down under but we are a LONG way from everywhere so the choice is to stay put or spending a day on a plane watching movies, eating and sleeping which isn't such a hardship really. I say Carpe Diem and go for it because you may not get another opportunity.

We just did the Norwegian fjords (not Baltic) and had perfect weather the whole 2 weeks so it was a wonderful experience and totally worth the long flights/cost. Frankly, if you are planning to spend thousands on a Seabourn cruise then baulking at the cost of flights seems illogical? It's great living down under but we are a LONG way from everywhere so the choice is to stay put or spending a day on a plane watching movies, eating and sleeping which isn't such a hardship really. I say Carpe Diem and go for it because you may not get another opportunity.

I was wondering if we would be comparing the Norwegian Fjords to the Antarctica cruise and then feel disappointed. I think Seabourn is very reasonably priced as most things are included unlike some other cruise lines we have travelled with.

An Australian tour company has a 14 day cruise covering much the same area for about the same price as a 21 day Seabourn cruise and we like Seabourn