Liberty cruise or Glory ?

dolphin2012

We are comparing the Liberty june 2015 cruise from San Juan to all the little islands and the Glory that goes from Miami to HMC , St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Which do you think would be better and why? Also it is hard to get around in San Juan if you go a day early ? Im debating if leaving from florida would be easier and cheaper flight also. Thanks in advance for your help. I enjoy reading all the posts and cruise stories. We have been on 5 cruises but none to this area. Looking forward to beaches and snorkeling...

If getting to San Juan is not too expensive for you, then I would go for the Liberty, I have been on the ship and love it and would go on it again in a heartbeat, but here, I would choose it for itinerary. It is a port just about every day, great islands, only one sea day I think. San Juan is a fascinating city and easy to get around too. So that would be my first choice, but depends on airfare for me.

Glory is same kind of ship and layout. And it sounds great to me also, especially because of the itinerary. So it would not be a bad choice either. Either way I think you cant go wrong.

The ships are almost identical so that one is a toss up.

Depending on where you stay in San Juan it is really quite easy to get around. Taxis are plentiful and reasonable. The Sheraton is close to Old San Juan. Carnival docks in this area. There are also a number of other hotels that are just a cab ride or shuttle away.

I would do the southern caribbean route out of San Juan. New and interesting islands and San Juan is a great place for a pre or post cruise stay.

Take care,

Mike

Both itineraries are good ones, but the one out of San Juan is certainly better. The Liberty is also a much better ship. Liberty has consistently gotten the best reviews of any Carnival ship in the entire 5 years I've been on cruisecritic. Plus, Liberty still has the good shows in the theater. Glory uses the radio instead of live music, very few performers, no props, short shows, and quite poor. Liberty still has the hour long shows with plenty of performers, live musicians, and real props.