Vancouver

lovetotraveltx

martincath, thank you for your foodie recommendations. We will be three nights pre-cruise in Vancouver. Coming from the land of the chain resturant, we are very excited about all the original dining ideas you've posted!

You're welcome - feel free to ask if there are any particular genres/price-ranges you want more info on (although a new thread would make most sense over on West Coast Departures).

I do have to issue a change already - Good Wolf(e) is in the process of significant change of Chef & menu and a subtle change of name (no more 'e' on the end). We had a very disappointing meal just a couple of days ago, compounded by the fact it was my wife's b'day - ownership & most front of house staff remain the same though, and they graciously comped our entire meal (NB: only one dish was actually sent back, two others were up to usual standards, the fourth was good but not remotely as described on the menu - it was the timing that was truly horrible, over an hour between appies & entrees).

I'm going to let things settle down with the new kitchen crew & menu before returning - but in the short-term at least I could not in good conscience recommend any *important* meals being booked there. Getting a free dinner is the best one can ask for when things go wrong, but since we were out for a celebratory dinner I would much rather it had just gone right instead...