Time zone confusion--me or tour company?

Cafabi

We are going to Belize in December on the Emerald Princess out of Houston. The tour company sent me the following email:

7:00 am your time will be 8:00am our time. There will be a one hour difference.

Houston will be on Central Standard Time in December, and I understand that Belize will be, also. In fact, I was thinking that the entire cruise would be within the CST zone. If they were confused and thinking that I'm coming from Florida, then 7:00 am ship time would actually be 6:00 am their time, correct? So I don't think that's the issue.

Am I missing something? I asked the tour company, but they seem to be standing by their statement. Thanks!

I think they are the confused ones. At present it's 2:30 P in Houston and 1:30PM in Belize City. Not the other way around if I read their message correctly. Maybe they miss understood and thought you were coming in next week.

But yes, you should be on the same time zone in December.

Right, they seem to have it backwards from the way it is now, and wrong for December also.

I have learned that Princess almost always observes local time anyway.

Not sure what to do. As I mentioned previously, I already questioned it and they responded confirming the time difference.

I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn and elbow my way onto the first tender, only to have to wait an hour for them to arrive. Also, that would also put us an hour closer to that last tender at the end of the day.

I was just hoping someone might have a logical explanation, because I thought the tour companies knew the cruise schedules inside and out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one, then! But it concerns me a little if it's the tour company who is confused. After all, it is their livelihood. They have great reviews, including many from cruise passengers, so I know they've gotten it right before. So, by December, one of us will hopefully come around to the other's way of thinking.

I addressed this by telling them that the cruise line agreed with me, and I simply told them the time I intend to be there Belize time--give or take some time due to tendering.

Thanks for everyone's input!

• 1 month later...