First Cruise MSC Fantasia - Any Tips?

Pancpete

Hello All - I found out two weeks ago that I am being sent on a cruise on MSC Fantasia for my company - sort of a business and pleasure event. We sail from Venice on Oct.5. I am trying to get up to speed on all of this quickly, needless to say! If anyone has any words of wisdom about Fantasia or MSC procedures, etc. I would be grateful to hear from you. This is my first cruise so I"ll be combing the forums here on Cruise Critic for advice and tips. Thanks in advance!!

Hello All - I found out two weeks ago that I am being sent on a cruise on MSC Fantasia for my company - sort of a business and pleasure event. We sail from Venice on Oct.5. I am trying to get up to speed on all of this quickly, needless to say! If anyone has any words of wisdom about Fantasia or MSC procedures, etc. I would be grateful to hear from you. This is my first cruise so I"ll be combing the forums here on Cruise Critic for advice and tips. Thanks in advance!!

Come join us over at the MSC boards Pancpete. There are some great posters over there who can answer all of your questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

If your company can give you the time, try to get into Venice a couple days early for great sightseeing. I see your cruise is R/T Venice, so maybe try to stay a day or two after. Get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports and read up on the attractions of your ports, and how to do them on your own. For ports not listed, try Lonely Planet. And read a couple of Donna Leon's Commissario Guido Brunetti mysteries to get a feel for Venice. EM

Edited by Essiesmom