Can you take advantage of promo's after final payment?

jb456

Hi,

We just booked a last minute cruise so we had to pay in full right away. We are wondering if in the next few days Princess comes out with some kind of additional promotion, extra OBC, or a lower rate if we can call in and get accounts adjusted to the better price?

Sorry if this is a dumb question we are newbies lol.. From what I read I think the answer is no - and we are stuck with what we bought right?

Thanks

I my instance, I was able to get new pricing for one price drop after final payment, but when the price dropped furtherwith the sale, I couldn't, because all cabins in my category were sold out. I could have switched to a different cabin and got the sale and better OBC, but I chose to keep the one I had.

Yes. My TA was able to re-book me on my upcoming Royal cruise after I made final payment to a balcony cabin from an inside for a relatively small increment. It was just after final payment so there was no penalty. A good TA can probably make a big difference in a case like this.

Yes. My TA was able to re-book me on my upcoming Royal cruise after I made final payment to a balcony cabin from an inside for a relatively small increment. It was just after final payment so there was no penalty. A good TA can probably make a big difference in a case like this.

I guess we will have to look for a TA in the future. We booked directly on Princess site. At least we got $200 OBC so if they say no in the future I guess we can't complain lol

I have had the experience of a self booked short cruise, after final payment, not getting a refund but putting me in a higher category to match the price I had originally paid. To be honest, I am amazed because when it says for new bookings only, which mine did, they don't have to do a thing.

Asking nicely without feeling entitled seems to have Princess really try to help you out.

Congratulations Pam, that's wonderful!

Congratulations Pam, that's wonderful!
Trust me, I was willing to sail in an inside but I wasn't excited about it. When I originally booked, the difference between an inside and the cheapest balcony (no oceanview on the Royal) was over $2,200... which I just couldn't justify. So now I'm a very happy camper.