what is the benefit of booking your next cruise on board

bena

Going out on the Summit in a week and my TA suggested signing up for a cruise that we are planning for Europe next year. I was told the I can move the reservation around and the idea is to reserve something to lock in the deal. I followed the link above explaining the rules to the TA's and this line caught my eye.

CRUISE LATER TERMS & CONDITIONS: (Shipboard Version Only)

A $100 non-refundable deposit per person is required to enroll in the Program;

Am I reading this correctly?

If this is the case and I do not choose Celebrity it seems I am out $200.00 chasing a perk I may or may not use.

Going out on the Summit in a week and my TA suggested signing up for a cruise that we are planning for Europe next year. I was told the I can move the reservation around and the idea is to reserve something to lock in the deal. I followed the link above explaining the rules to the TA's and this line caught my eye.

CRUISE LATER TERMS & CONDITIONS: (Shipboard Version Only)

A $100 non-refundable deposit per person is required to enroll in the Program;

Am I reading this correctly?

If this is the case and I do not choose Celebrity it seems I am out $200.00 chasing a perk I may or may not use.

Don't know if this applies in your case, but some of the onboard booking OBC is now credited to your current cruise account, with a matching amount due, in the way of a non-refundable deposit. I know, it's confusing -- but, for example:

When we were on Summit, the future cruise consultants were offering their seasonal "All-In" promo. If you booked Summit for the 2015 Bermuda season, you received:

-- Free gratuities (for the 2015 cruise);

-- Free classic drink package (for the 2015 cruise);

-- OBC for your CURRENT cruise, equal to the amount of deposit for the 2015 cruise. The dollar amount of OBC/deposit was determined by the category of cabin you booked for 2015 -- e.g.: if you booked a Sky Suite for your "all-in" 2015 cruise, you got $250 OBC -- applied immediately to your current cruise. Your credit card was then billed for a $250 deposit. If you were to later cancel the 2015 cruise, you would lose that deposit -- as it is NON-refundable.

Hope this helped to answer your question. BTW -- don't know if he's still onboard, but our FCC on Summit last month was Akim -- we really liked him!