Thank you. I transferred booking to TA

jeffdal

Thanks to this forum I did something I did not expect to do. I love doing everything myself and online but I went out on a limb after I read on this forum about transferring your booking to a TA and there might be some benefits.

I had booked our cruise, made the deposit and was going to pay the final on Friday. I read about transferring over to a TA and reached out to one I know. I was able to keep my same booking and everything like OBC after transferring but he was able to find that our category went down 50 bucks each and then moved us to a BE assigned on Aloha deck from a BF GUAR. Still saving a few bucks from the original booking. So, Emerald Princess A231 here we come. So I am glad we are not taking a chance being under the jogging track, disco, main showroom, etc. :D

I am certain you have made the correct decision. There still are many things you can control or arrange yourself such as air, transfers, hotels and excursions. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend your join and participate in the Roll Call for your cruise for even more ideas.

What are your suggestions on finding a great TA?

LIke Pam, I suggest you ask around. I have now found a TA I am thrilled with. Before, whenever we sailed, I collected TA names from anyone who claimed they got a great deal. When I wanted to book, I asked each for a quote. Talked to the lowest one and then booked. I was always amazed how many people claimed to have gotten a good deal when it turns out the TA is charging the same as Princess.