I wish we would have gone with a different cruise line.

I am posting what I wrote on Carnival's wall because this is becoming ridiculous....has anyone else received such horrible service through Carnival? I'm so fed up....

Total nightmare....I'm exhausted.

I am very unhappy with Carnival Cruise Lines and have no where to go. I have spent 5 total hours on the phone either on hold or being transferred to many different "customer service" agents. I have yet to receive any valid CUSTOMER SERVICE! I booked a wedding reception on the Liberty then I get randomly switched to the Valor which was a definite downgrade considering no 2.0 upgrades which is why we booked the Liberty in the first place. So that's a continued problem considering invitations have been made stating Liberty...... With no way of switching since we have about 40 guests who are attending we were told nothing can be done. Then, I was never once informed about group booking (probably because they wanted us to pay full price) and today I called and spoke with Jose. He told me that my rooms could be transferred to a group booking so we could receive the perks of having a group. I searched for everyone's booking numbers and called back to give them the numbers and well well well what do you know I am told we can't book a group because we already paid in full for our room. THIS IS COMPLETELY ridiculous. I would have NEVER booked Carnival for the most important time in mine and my fiance's life if we had known the hoops I would have to go through. This is so stressful and no one at Carnival seems to even remotely care. I've gotten the whole "I apologize" but what does an apology mean from a company that does not want to make something right........ 110% guarantee? I think not. Book elsewhere for your wedding needs or else you'll be sorry and stuck like we currently are.

That's awful! :eek:

You should at least get some OBC for your trouble, and they should offer to reimburse you for your invitations.

In all honesty, the 2.0 upgrades aren't all that spectacular (comparing our cruise on the Glory to what we saw on our tour of the Pride). However, the bad customer service is unforgivable!

You have until 75 days out to cancel and go with another cruise line if things don't get any better.

I heard Princess is the best at cruise weddings. Only Carnival and RC cruise out of the port where we are getting married, and RC is ridiculously expensive, so it was Carnival by default. Thankfully we have had good service so far.

So frustrating! I know you have to be upset and stressed with everything already being marked Liberty. I guess it's a risk we all take by booking a wedding like this - Carnival can change anything, at anytime! Not sure who all you have talked to, but if you can get the "right" person on the phone sometimes things can be accomplished. Have you emailed John Heald? He has a lot of pull, and he will at least respond to you and get you in touch with someone. Not saying anything will be offered for sure, but it's worth a shot.

I wouldn't worry about the group booking thing too much - it's really not as great as they try and make it sound...and trust me, they will try and make it SOUND fantastic. Most times you get better deals by booking individually. Price drops and upgrades don't work the same with group bookings, and most times you won't get VIFP nights (they say they can be considered "non revenue" nights if you get any free rooms out of the deal).

Personally, I don't like the 2.0 upgrades (sure Guys Burgers are good and all and there are a few other things - but there are SO many other things I wish they would have left alone - productions shows for example). I understand your frustration if your guests were expecting it, but really most probably will forget all about it....especially your first time cruisers! They are going to be so excited to board that ship that they won't care!

Everything will work out, just go and have a great time!

I get the bad customer service thing (did you set up the bookings with a TA or PVP?), but isn't the ship scheduled for the 2.0 drydock before your wedding? I'd also contact JH through FB if Mischelle or Mary at CCL's FB page haven't responded. He can at least forward you to the correct "beard".

I'm trying to track down a thread for you (I'm on my phone), but a similar ship switch happened to another bride a few years ago (pretty sure she was on Carnival). The line refunded her the cost of her printed materials since they switched ships. I think she had to make the request through the Weddings Department. It covered her invitations, some of the printed materials for her OOT bags, and t-shirts or something random. It might give you a starting point to at least get refunded for some items.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I thought I read Carnival gave people who were booked on the ships that were switched an opportunity to cancel? Can you cancel and rebook on a different ship as a group? Since the invitations were sent, you can not change them but people would understand. I like newer ships and would be annoyed if my ship was switched to one I do not want to sail on.

Try sending and email to Carnival's CEO. Ive read threads on Royal Caribbean's board where folks escalate the problem to this level and it always seems to get the situation resolved. At minimum you should be able to get the group perks and the wedding (not reception) compensated.

I hope everything comes together for you.'

Edited by crusinthrough

I really don't blame you for being upset and I'd be flipping out too....however just remember the goal is to marry your best friend. To borrow the list from another bride and personalize it....I had a goal of 5 things.

1. To wear an amazing dress

2. To eat cake

3. To see the love in my husband's eyes

4. For somebody to cry tears of joy

5. To have a delicious tropical drink while partying with everybody I love

When it came down to it, our coordinator was a no show and few other little things went "wrong"...but every one of those 5 things happened, so the wedding was perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry about your wedding plans and the switch in ships from Liberty to Valor.

We will be doing a Vow Renewal in 7/4/15 and had sent out invitations and had

other thing printed for the Liberty. However, all our activities will take place

on St. Thomas. We will be having the ceremony on a beach and then doing a

catamaran cruise.

I will be ordering a cake but nothing more from Carnival. We actually have our

group booking through Travelocity as Carnival requires everyone to book within a month for the discount.

To start with we thought it would actually be the Sunshine. We even did a preview on Sunshine and then found out it would be the Liberty.

Three ships in just a few months. Why? because they can. Who knows what they are thinking.

Cruise lines are making huge profits right now, especially Carnival as our News

paper reported today.

The Valor is not as good as the Liberty and the Liberty is not as good as the Sunshine.

We are going to follow through as we can't change the Islands at this point!

We need to be on St. Thomas on 7/7/15.

WE won't be doing another Carnival cruise again any time soon!

Remember! the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Put things in actual pen and ink

with copies not just email to the Carnival big heads!

Best of Luck,

Tropicqueen