Fill me with your knowledge about Grand Cayman

jb456

Evening,

Besides swimming/water trips what else is there to see and do in Grand Cayman for the day?

Anyone have a map?

Are there things in walking distance to walk around once off the ship to see?

Must see things?

Any and all information is welcome!

Thank you :)

You're going to get a lot of links to a lot of other threads. If you are more specific in your question, you'll get lots of answers. This is a very broad question and kind of covers the entire "GRAND CAYMEN" Message board, so what is it you'd like to know?

There's an easy search button on this board as well, that you can search for specifics ie: best beach, tours for families, nicest restaurant, but if you want board members (who have a ton of opinions and answers), ask something much more specific! :)

Evening,

Besides swimming/water trips what else is there to see and do in Grand Cayman for the day? Shopping, Botanical Gardens, Hell, Turtle Farm, Waterfront restaurants, Bike tours, Island tours, Submarine tours, Sailing, Horseback riding, etc., etc.

Anyone have a map? Google "Grand Cayman Map Images" Tons of them there.

Are there things in walking distance to walk around once off the ship to see? You'll tender right into town. Lots of shopping, restaurants, Seven Mile Beach, Eden Rock Snorkeling, My Bar, Margaritaville, etc.

Must see things? This will depend on opinion. Stingray Sandbar, Turtle Farm, Hell are all very touristy and some worth it, some not. Seven Mile beach, Rum Point, Botanical Gardens, etc.

Any and all information is welcome!

Thank you :)

Besides swimming/water trips what else is there to see and do in Grand Cayman for the day? Shopping, Botanical Gardens, Hell, Turtle Farm, Waterfront restaurants, Bike tours, Island tours, Submarine tours, Sailing, Horseback riding, etc., etc.

Anyone have a map? Google "Grand Cayman Map Images" Tons of them there.

Are there things in walking distance to walk around once off the ship to see? You'll tender right into town. Lots of shopping, restaurants, Seven Mile Beach, Eden Rock Snorkeling, My Bar, Margaritaville, etc.

Must see things? This will depend on opinion. Stingray Sandbar, Turtle Farm, Hell are all very touristy and some worth it, some not. Seven Mile beach, Rum Point, Botanical Gardens, etc.

I haven't been there off a cruise, but I did spend a week there. Georgetown is simply for shopping and the only GREAT BUYS on this island are your watches. So if you want jewelry, make it a watch or buy off another island that has more deals on jewels.

There is a great submarine tour right as you would get off your tender. amazing views under the ocean and the crew was superb! I recommend this if you do not want to venture off onto the island more.

Everything else is a tour trip from the docks in Georgetown. Hell is a lil town on other side of island, great little stop on way to Turtle Farm. All you do in hell is take a few pics of the weird rock formations, some with the Devil and send a postcard because its from Hell!!

Turtle Farm is surprisingly large, but you can hold small turtles and feed all the different sizes!

Boat tour to Stingray City with snorkeling on the reef is fantabulous!! nothing like this, honestly! Then if the tour is the good tour they should take you to Rum Point Beach. Lunch here is fabulous, drinks are nice and cold and the Beach is perfect with some shade spots. They also have a changing room on the Beach with showers to rinse off.

You can do a driving tour of the Rum distilleries and rum cake factories, very yummy samples!

Spend the day on 7 mile beach....but the beach itself isn't a huge wide beach like say Daytona....short beach from building to water but so very warm, clean, clear and with fishes!!!

Last but not least you could do a swim with the Dolphins on this Island.

I went with 2 kids and they loved Cayman, would do it again just because its a very friendly peaceful place. But Georgetown only has shopping, submarine and Margaritaville.

I haven't been there off a cruise, but I did spend a week there. Georgetown is simply for shopping and the only GREAT BUYS on this island are your watches. So if you want jewelry, make it a watch or buy off another island that has more deals on jewels.

There is a great submarine tour right as you would get off your tender. amazing views under the ocean and the crew was superb! I recommend this if you do not want to venture off onto the island more.

Everything else is a tour trip from the docks in Georgetown. Hell is a lil town on other side of island, great little stop on way to Turtle Farm. All you do in hell is take a few pics of the weird rock formations, some with the Devil and send a postcard because its from Hell!!

Turtle Farm is surprisingly large, but you can hold small turtles and feed all the different sizes!

Boat tour to Stingray City with snorkeling on the reef is fantabulous!! nothing like this, honestly! Then if the tour is the good tour they should take you to Rum Point Beach. Lunch here is fabulous, drinks are nice and cold and the Beach is perfect with some shade spots. They also have a changing room on the Beach with showers to rinse off.

You can do a driving tour of the Rum distilleries and rum cake factories, very yummy samples!

Spend the day on 7 mile beach....but the beach itself isn't a huge wide beach like say Daytona....short beach from building to water but so very warm, clean, clear and with fishes!!!

Last but not least you could do a swim with the Dolphins on this Island.

I went with 2 kids and they loved Cayman, would do it again just because its a very friendly peaceful place. But Georgetown only has shopping, submarine and Margaritaville.

Thank you for the great info;)

OH forgot to mention....Cayman WIDELY accepts US dollars, even the cabs did!!! So do not feel like you have to change money over or charge everything if you want to use cash!!

And if you are a Pandora owner, they have Pandoras in the malls in Georgetown with a commemorative Cruise Ship Charm that says Cayman on the bottom of the boat!!!