quantum fare versus other rc fares

dirtworker

I booked a cruise on Quantum for Dec. A balcony cabin is 261.00 per night.

Other ships are not this pricey....such as Granduer...the difference is not small on a per night comparison. Yes its a new ship and its likely more costly for RC to sail out of NYC.....what am I missing on why the fare is almost double...thanks for the info

Yeah, the newer ships are a lot more expensive. When Quantum first went on sale, I don't think the prices were as bad as Anthem. They quickly skyrocketed though in the first few weeks.

When Anthem out of NJ first went on sale, I impulsively booked a SJS for an 8-night Florida/Bahamas itinerary. After a few days, the price was eating at me because I felt it was very expensive. Ended up switching to the same itinerary (+ Key West) a few weeks later on the Grandeur in a GS, also saving $1500! Already sailing on Quantum in the spring, so Anthem could wait :)

Supply and demand. New ship+ lots of new stuff+ limited amount of time in the US= larger than normal demand= higher prices

I think the prices are similar to when Oasis and Allure first came out. Not crazy but you are paying for the privileged of experiencing Quantum

Supply and demand. New ship+ lots of new stuff+ limited amount of time in the US= larger than normal demand= higher prices

I think the prices are similar to when Oasis and Allure first came out. Not crazy but you are paying for the privileged of experiencing Quantum

It seems to me that Oasis was higher than what Quantum is getting. I am paying more than I normally would, but I wanted to be on a new ship this time, rather than waiting

I'm paying the same price on Anthem at Christmas in an obstructed Oceanview balcony as I would be in a neighbourhood balcony on Oasis and $700 less than a D4 balcony.

While prices for the new ships are certainly higher than the older ships on many cases they are still comparable with the newer ones ( Oasis and Allure) depending of course on time of year and the itinerary.

Booked the Feb. 2, '15 11 nites when reservations opened and it basically costing us the same as a 7 niter out of Florida. This is because of no: airfare, transportation to & from, trip insurance , plus the various perks received from my TA and the usage of a NCC which gives us $150 in OBC's.

If booked early the prices weren't too bad on the Quantum, but after they announced it would be leaving for China, the demand and prices shot up.

In May of 2013 a D5 on QOS sailing April 2015 was $192/PP/Day. Today that same room is $284/PP/Day.

I booked a FJ suite for April 2015 on Quantum for $262/PP/Day (less than the going rate of a D5 today) and a GS on the Anthem in Spring 2016 for $299/PP/Day. $30/PP/Day difference is about right between a JS and GS. To compare, I just finished a cruise in a GS on the Explorer for $269/PP/Day. That is only a $30/PP/Day difference between the EOS and AOS for the same GS.

So the moral of the story is BOOK EARLY!!