will we make our Heathrow flight?

susiesan

We are sailing on the Oceania Insignia June 26, returning to Dover on July 10. I am using award miles for airline seats. I currently have a reservations on the Virgin Airways flight to Washington that leaves at 12:00pm. This is a Monday. Do those of you with experience at Heathrow think we will make this flight? We are supposed to dock at 6:00 am and I plan to have a car service pick us up at Dover around 7:00 am. Will we have enough time to get tto LHR? We are in Upper Class, so we have shorter lines to wait in. I'm going to try for a later flight, but I have to connect on Delta to Kansas City and get home all in one day. As of now there are no award seats on the Delta flights that connect with the later Virgin flights through New York,Miami, or Boston. Some people have said it takes 2 hours from Dover to Heathrow, but I wonder what Monday morning traffic around London is like? What do you all think? What has been your recent experience?

Susie

I think you can make it but you have little or no room for error assuming you have to be there around 3 hours before your flight.

Since you are in upper class am I right in thinking you can check in a bit later than economy passengers?

Nick.

Since you are in upper class am I right in thinking you can check in a bit later than economy passengers?
I agree that there's not a huge amount of room for error, and the tight schedule means that susiesan will miss out on a large part of the Virgin Atlantic experience, namely the VS Clubhouse at LHR (it's worth setting aside a few hours for all by itself, if you're not going to be a regular user of it), but it's certainly feasible.

Latest check-in time is -60 mins, ie 1100. If it takes 90 minutes to get off the ship (I think an hour is probably a little on the optimistic side, given how ships usually operate), that still leaves 3½ hour for the drive from Dover to Heathrow which shouldn't be a problem unless there is some major holdup on the motorway.

Hi to All....

We did the rush to heathrow successfully. We got off the ship in one hour from docking. Took the National Express through the Morning rush hour, got there just in time,but the multi-layered Security left us just enough time to get on the plane.......Dennis

Archived