Just booked Nov.9-15 RT NYC Gem

latebloomer56

Just booked a cruise in Nov. out of NYC. Never did this before, what can we expect for weather? This was last minute we have wanted to book a cabin in the aft of any ship but never have had any luck. Until today I booked SF 9670 (Aft Suite). TA called and asked if we wanted 10664 instead but I thought deck 9 would be quiet and said no thanks. Now I hear the balcony's on 10 are larger, no sure this will matter for this time of year though.

Other than the weather (which we can't control) does anybody have any further info on this cabin? I did the search and found several links all saying deck 10 is better. I believe we have suite perks with boarding and Cagney's we had these with the SF on the Dawn in 2013. Is that correct just no Haven this trip on the Gem. Just 2 months will drop off final payment in the morning. I can't believe we are going on 2 cruises so close together :).

As alway thanks for any information.

Just booked a cruise in Nov. out of NYC. Never did this before, what can we expect for weather? This was last minute we have wanted to book a cabin in the aft of any ship but never have had any luck. Until today I booked SF 9670 (Aft Suite). TA called and asked if we wanted 10664 instead but I thought deck 9 would be quiet and said no thanks. Now I hear the balcony's on 10 are larger, no sure this will matter for this time of year though.

Other than the weather (which we can't control) does anybody have any further info on this cabin? I did the search and found several links all saying deck 10 is better. I believe we have suite perks with boarding and Cagney's we had these with the SF on the Dawn in 2013. Is that correct just no Haven this trip on the Gem. Just 2 months will drop off final payment in the morning. I can't believe we are going on 2 cruises so close together :).

The balcony on deck 10 is deeper than those on 8 and 9 but there's very little difference, if any, in the cabins. You're correct in that you won't have access to the Haven but you'll get all the other suite perks you mentioned. We've had SF cabins on the Gem twice with another booked for next year.

We will be in this suite on the Gem in Oct. I think it will be very quite. I picked this suite because we stayed in the Aft Suite 10726 on the Star to Alaska. Loved it. So private. I don't think your Aft Suite 9670 will be any different except for the balcony being a bit smaller. Don't worry, you will have a great time and will love your quiet aft corner on the Gem.:)

Thank you so very much for the quick responses. Our grandson has done nothing but talk about last year. He will be 5 this trip and he will flip, he loves trains (getting to NYC on Amtrak), has been asking when he will see the Statue of Liberty (he will see her sailing out) and he is a huge Sponge Bob fan. It's a win/win/win for us.

op- sorry you didnt take the offer of 10664 during the 11/9/14 cruise

we are sailing then as well in a villa

we would have shown you our cabin so we could get a peek at yours

we are in 10664 2/18/15-

10664 is identical to the one the op will be in. Take a look anyway, the only difference is the depth of the balcony.

Weather-wise, NYC is chilly in November, but it's not totally unbearable. I get cold if i walk into 75-in-the-shade type of temps and find november tolerable enough here. Farmer's Almanac is more likely to help you plan clothing choices than the weather channel, but layers are key at that time of year.

Thank you so very much for the quick responses. Our grandson has done nothing but talk about last year. He will be 5 this trip and he will flip, he loves trains (getting to NYC on Amtrak), has been asking when he will see the Statue of Liberty (he will see her sailing out) and he is a huge Sponge Bob fan. It's a win/win/win for us.

We have a roll call for this trip....!!!! Join us...:D