The International Flavor of Silversea

Stumblefoot

I saw someone posted on another subject about how the Aussie's as a group have become an important cruise geo-demographic target and it got me to thinking, what was the make-up of our Spirit cruise this summer from Athens to Venice. The findings were interesting indeed.

The Spirit was filled with 480 passengers from 34 countries for an occupancy rate of 89%. Below is the country-by-country % of passengers.

COUNTRY       % OF PASSENGERS
Argentina          0.8%
Australia          6.9%
Belarus            0.3%
Belgium            0.3%
Brazil             5.3%
Canada             4.5%
Chile              1.1%
China              1.6%
Colombia           1.3%
Costa Rica         3.4%
Denmark            1.1%
Estonia            0.3%
Finland            0.8%
France             0.3%
Germany            2.9%
Guatemala          0.3%
Hong Kong          0.8%
Iran               0.8%
Ireland            0.8%
Israel             0.5%
Japan              2.1%
Jordan             0.3%
Mexico             1.3%
Netherlands        1.1%
New Zealand        1.9%
Norway             1.3%
Peru               0.3%
Russia             0.3%
Switzerland        1.1%
Taiwan             0.5%
Ukraine            0.8%
United Kingdom    13.0%
United States     41.4%
Venezuela          0.8%

Very interesting! But how did you compile this list? Since they did away with the passenger list we had to stop playing the game of cruisers' demographics. Did you have access to a list while on board?

I agree with others who like the international feel of SS. Over the years we have met so many interesting people and have enjoyed learning about life in a myriad of countries.

Very interesting! But how did you compile this list? Since they did away with the passenger list we had to stop playing the game of cruisers' demographics. Did you have access to a list while on board? I agree with others who like the international feel of SS. Over the years we have met so many interesting people and have enjoyed learning about life in a myriad of countries.

One of my favorite things about SS, the international mix.

Appreciate and agree sternly with Emtbsam and the others noted above on this important "international" quality with Silversea. On our Norway cruise, as I recall, there might have been something in the daily posting publication that shared these types of numbers for where all of the people on our sailing came from. On our sailing, we especially enjoyed interacting with folks from Australia and the UK. Love hearing those charming English accents. So super classy!! The Aussie? Wow!! They are so much super fun with great personalities, out-going, etc. Below is one piece of photo proof to reflect memories from that trip with this Australia couple.

We are now busy planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days. It's fun doing that future research as we look forward to lots of interesting people on the cruise from a wide variety of countries and backgrounds. This cruise will have lots of sea days and time sailing on the amazing Amazon River. Lots of time to interact with and get to know many of our fellow passengers.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 156,509 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

On our eight-hour “Overland from Hellesylt to Geiranger” bus tour, we stopped at the Jostedalsbreen National Park. These visuals included this Aussie couple on our cruise checking out the interesting display of the various stone/rock types from all over Norway.

FjordsStoneDisplay.jpg

International flavor of Silversea

Cruising with Silversea for 20 years has introduced us to many of our friends from around the world. As a result we look forward to spending a day visiting with them in their home town when Silversea takes us there again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Very interesting! But how did you compile this list? Since they did away with the passenger list we had to stop playing the game of cruisers' demographics. Did you have access to a list while on board.

Hi CruisinPashmina. I just asked the two ladies who managed reception if they might have a list of the countries on-board and they created the list and #'s for me. No passenger names were listed, just the countries and # sailing from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stumblefoot

Hi CruisinPashmina. I just asked the two ladies who managed reception if they might have a list of the countries on-board and they created the list and #'s for me. No passenger names were listed, just the countries and # sailing from there.

Appreciate this excellent tip and background. We are planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days. Will definitely check on getting these numbers for nationalities during our two different sailings.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 75,773 views for this fun posting.

I saw someone posted on another subject about how the Aussie's as a group have become an important cruise geo-demographic target and it got me to thinking, what was the make-up of our Spirit cruise this summer from Athens to Venice. The findings were interesting indeed.

The Spirit was filled with 480 passengers from 34 countries for an occupancy rate of 89%. Below is the country-by-country % of passengers.

COUNTRY       % OF PASSENGERS
Argentina          0.8%
Australia          6.9%
Belarus            0.3%
Belgium            0.3%
Brazil             5.3%
Canada             4.5%
Chile              1.1%
China              1.6%
Colombia           1.3%
Costa Rica         3.4%
Denmark            1.1%
Estonia            0.3%
Finland            0.8%
France             0.3%
Germany            2.9%
Guatemala          0.3%
Hong Kong          0.8%
Iran               0.8%
Ireland            0.8%
Israel             0.5%
Japan              2.1%
Jordan             0.3%
Mexico             1.3%
Netherlands        1.1%
New Zealand        1.9%
Norway             1.3%
Peru               0.3%
Russia             0.3%
Switzerland        1.1%
Taiwan             0.5%
Ukraine            0.8%
United Kingdom    13.0%
United States     41.4%
Venezuela          0.8%

Per population would tell a different story perhaps!!