M423, Westbound Transatlantic October 8th - price drop

maina

We're booked on this trip, and out of curiosity I've been checking cabin availability and costs, dreaming of upgrade possibility. Yesterday, I noted on another thread that costs had jumped, in spite of there still being a lot of available sheltered balcony, inside and oceanview cabins. Today, the prices for sheltered balcony are back down to more or less what they've been over the last several months, but oceanview and inside are way down. If anyone wants a last minute bargain, oceanview are showing as $949 and inside ranges from $849-929. This is an 8-day crossing, so it works out to a max of about $118/day per person for double occupancy and as low as $106.

That's a one day sale (through midnight Pacific Time) today only. I got an email from Cunard about it yesterday. The email says new bookings only. It also appears to be targeted.

M425A (EastboundTA) on Oct 28th is also on sale.

Edited by Underwatr

Curious about who's the target of the one-day sale. Presumably not us as we're already booked.:D But since those are the prices that show up on the booking site for the general public, one assumes that anyone not already booked could get those prices,not just those who receive targeted emails?

Recently received news from a fellow poster of a drop in price for a 2015 cruise I have booked. A BIG drop in price , free gratuities, and very good OBC (my original booking was twice the price , I would have to pay gratuities, and only a very small OBC ) .

Contacted agent, who contacted Cunard. She was told "no such deal, your client is in error", more e mails back and forth between CC friend and myself and agent, phone calls to Cunard.

A day passed, agent again contacted Cunard, she was on the phone (sometimes on hold ) for an HOUR, went through 4 different departments, each saying "no such deal".

Finally Guest relations admitted "yes there is such a deal, but only for those getting the mailing, not for other passengers". More conversations, more checks on wording of the mailing , finally Cunard gave me the deal.

We (the loyal past passengers who book early in good faith) should not have to fight a war with corporate Head office (or "untrained" staff) in order to obtain justice.

Curious about who's the target of the one-day sale. Presumably not us as we're already booked.:D But since those are the prices that show up on the booking site for the general public, one assumes that anyone not already booked could get those prices,not just those who receive targeted emails?
I should have been more specific in my response and/or looked at the targeted pricing vs. the pricing in the OP.

The email shows these prices for those two sailings:

Inside from $699

Oceanview from $799

Balcony from $899

We (the loyal past passengers who book early in good faith) should not have to fight a war with corporate Head office (or "untrained" staff) in order to obtain justice.
I don't know much about cruise line yield management but if they think you'll book without targeted pricing I'd imagine you'd be less likely to get a targeted offer.

It's more about maximizing revenue than it is giving special perks to frequent passengers.

I don't know much about cruise line yield management but if they think you'll book without targeted pricing I'd imagine you'd be less likely to get a targeted offer.

We're already booked on the 28th and we did receive the email. On the bright side for us, we got a better deal because we are booked thru to Hamburg.