Thomas Cook flights to Barbados

Oliversgrandma

Do you mean chartered only? Because we got meals included when flying to and from Cuba, Sub-par as they were.

As I say it's not straight forward, if you for example buy a package holiday to

Cuba with Thomas Cook then the meals will most likely be included on the flight, however book the same flight to Cuba with Thomas Cook as a flight only then you would have to buy your meals.

Book a fly/drive or fly/cruise or other package involving another operator then the meals and luggage are negotiated on your behalf.

It's always best to check your travel docs to confirm your luggage allowance and any inclusive meals.

Edited by richleeds
typo

Exactly. Nothing to do with Jet2.

Yeah and lets never give examples to open the debate up and inform and educate, lets all just keep so narrow minded and insular and never expand on an answer with information that maybe relevant to someone in the future.

To Oliversgrandma, I got the info from my niece who works for Thomas Cook she says they are all white and blue inside very minimalist ! ,but I came across a thread on Tripadvisor seat guru and someone on there had the same information ,in fact Thomas Cook are getting brand new planes for short /medium Haul so are spending some money on flights hope it might help .

To Oliversgrandma, I got the info from my niece who works for Thomas Cook she says they are all white and blue inside very minimalist ! ,but I came across a thread on Tripadvisor seat guru and someone on there had the same information ,in fact Thomas Cook are getting brand new planes for short /medium Haul so are spending some money on flights hope it might help .

Yeah they have 6 new A321 airbus coming online in the UK, more for the TC group elsewhere in the EU and they are refurbing the long haul fleet with quite a few new long haul destinations for 2015.

Yeah and lets never give examples to open the debate up and inform and educate, lets all just keep so narrow minded and insular and never expand on an answer with information that maybe relevant to someone in the future.

Also classed as being irrelevant.

If you are flying on a P&O Charter flight you get meals and tea/coffee. If you book Premium then you also get alcohol served - all included apart from champagne. This is offered at various times during the flight. You also get the headphones for the entertainment included - Economy passengers have to pay. Keep the headphones if you are on a return flight as new ones will not be issued on the way home.

Also on a P&O charter you check in your luggage at your departure airport and you do not see it again until it's outside your cabin. Assuming you are going to Bridgetown then you go down the steps of the aircraft straight onto buses which will take you to the port - you do not have to go inside the airport for immigration. You will check in for the cruise at the port.

If, however, you are put by P&O onto a BA flight or similar - happens when the charters are full - then you do have to collect your luggage at Bridgetown and go through immigration, then go out to coaches where your luggage is taken from you and then to the ship.

On the return flight if you are on a P&O charter then you put your hold luggage outside your cabin the night before you leave and it is taken straight to the airport. You will have been given boarding cards for the flight while you are still onboard and so you don't have to go to check in. You do have to go through security at the airport and then to the departure lounge.

P&O charters are Thomson and Thomas Cook - the whole plane is chartered by P&O so their rules apply and everyone on board will be going on the cruise.

Hope this helps to explain matters as far as the flights are concerned.

"What did make a difference was that it only took 8 hours to landing in Barbados and 6.00hr 45 minutes back to Manchester."

You can thank the jetstream and weather for that, not the aircraft type. 787 has same cruising speed as the A330.

"What did make a difference was that it only took 8 hours to landing in Barbados and 6.00hr 45 minutes back to Manchester."

You can thank the jetstream and weather for that, not the aircraft type. 787 has same cruising speed as the A330.

Whatever! But of the 23 flights we have taken from Manchester to Barbados this was by far the quicker both ways

Cb