How are the porthole cabins on Fascination?

Vitamin_Sea

We have had them twice on the Fascination. There was noise when getting into a port. I thought it was anchor dropping of some sort. Didnt bother us too much. For the price of an inside and get natural light I would book again.

i hear you there.

the price is reasonable for those cabins

Personally, we never stayed up front. We like the AFT cabins

I have had porthole, ocean view and balcony and heard the anchor chains when we anchored, heard and felt all kinds of noise and felt the movement of the ship in each type of room. I have had a porthole window leak when the waves were rough as well as an ocean view window. It doesn't matter where you're at you will hear noise and feel movement. I wouldn't get an interior room without the porthole because I love the natural light waking me up early.

My cabin of choice, on my ship of choice, on the deck of choice.

Reasons and rationele-

Pay for an interior and get a view

Cabins are larger on the Riviera for porthole than the other decks.

the closer you are to the front, the more space you get at the window, (i mean i can sit up there and watch the world go by)

Whenyou get back from a shore excursion, you walk up one flight and you are there, nowaiting for an elevator, and when you need an elevator and it gets there, it's empty and you dont have to worry about missing one.

Now about the noise- well who really wants to sit in their cabin when they can watch the ship dock? so who cares about the noise

and if you love the ocean, you love the motion, and what better place to feel it, when it's rough, it is rough everywhere on a ship, and when it's not, then you fall asleep to the sound of the surf. Great choice, great ship, sail happy!

I've had porthole on Fascination twice and have two more booked for next week. Like another poster stated, you hear noise no matter where you are. Front and back of ship is loudest due to thrusters and chains and ropes. It doesn't bother me. The view for an interior price is great. I always try and book porthole when I'm doing a quick "budget" cruise. We had an aft wrap on the Dream in March, so this porthole will be a bit of a downgrade from that lol.

I've had porthole on Fascination twice and have two more booked for next week. Like another poster stated, you hear noise no matter where you are. Front and back of ship is loudest due to thrusters and chains and ropes. It doesn't bother me. The view for an interior price is great. I always try and book porthole when I'm doing a quick "budget" cruise. We had an aft wrap on the Dream in March, so this porthole will be a bit of a downgrade from that lol.

agree...the price cant be beat. we will probably take the porthole cabin.