Paynes Bay Beach

jerrib

I have only seen a few posts on this beach, though they were good reviews. Does anyone have any recent experience there and how does this beach compare to the other popular beaches on Barbados.

Thanks

To be honest with you there are no bad beaches in Barbados so your experience will be pretty much the same in terms of the physicality of the beach. The major differences would be amenities...which are not available at all locations.

Having said that...Paynes Bay is a bit out of the way....it is on the West Coast and a bit off the beaten path for most cruisers.

To be honest with you there are no bad beaches in Barbados so your experience will be pretty much the same in terms of the physicality of the beach. The major differences would be amenities...which are not available at all locations.

Having said that...Paynes Bay is a bit out of the way....it is on the West Coast and a bit off the beaten path for most cruisers.

Bajan Keith, maybe you can tell me which beach Paynes Bay or Carlisle Bay is better for swimming with the turtles? We have been to Paynes a couple of times and were planning to go there again but I read somewhere that Carlisle might be better? Do you have an opinion on it? I would love to hear from someone that lives there.

Bajan Keith, maybe you can tell me which beach Paynes Bay or Carlisle Bay is better for swimming with the turtles? We have been to Paynes a couple of times and were planning to go there again but I read somewhere that Carlisle might be better? Do you have an opinion on it? I would love to hear from someone that lives there.

To be honest with you I am not sure which beach is better BUT I have had some friends who did it at Carlisle Bay and they were quite happy with their experience. I don't know anyone personally who did it at Paynes Bay.

I hope this helps a bit. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

To be honest with you I am not sure which beach is better BUT I have had some friends who did it at Carlisle Bay and they were quite happy with their experience. I don't know anyone personally who did it at Paynes Bay.

I hope this helps a bit. :)

Thanks for responding.

No problem. Hope you enjoy your visit whatever you decide.

I am sure we will.... we are probably going to do the same thing we did last time we were there. Go to Paynes bay early in the morning for a couple of hours... then back to change/get lunch, then to the Wildlife Preserve to watch the feeding of all the wild monkeys and the rest of the animals, last time we did it, there was quite a show. Lol. We are going with a lady named Patsie Nurse? Have you heard of her?

I am sure we will.... we are probably going to do the same thing we did last time we were there. Go to Paynes bay early in the morning for a couple of hours... then back to change/get lunch, then to the Wildlife Preserve to watch the feeding of all the wild monkeys and the rest of the animals, last time we did it, there was quite a show. Lol. We are going with a lady named Patsie Nurse? Have you heard of her?

I actually do know a lady by that name but she lives in Miami now. .so that ist probably not her. :)

I actually do know a lady by that name but she lives in Miami now. .so that ist probably not her. :)

Yeah I hope not...lol. She seems to be nice and is very responsive in emails. She runs a taxi service called JP taxi I think.

Yeah I hope not...lol. She seems to be nice and is very responsive in emails. She runs a taxi service called JP taxi I think.

Lol. Tourist are the livelihood for the most part for taxi operators so they always make sure you are well treated as repeat business is paramount and a happy client also does not hesitate to refer. :D if she is anything like the Patsy Nurse I know. ..you will be well taken care of! :)

Lol. Tourist are the livelihood for the most part for taxi operators so they always make sure you are well treated as repeat business is paramount and a happy client also does not hesitate to refer. :D if she is anything like the Patsy Nurse I know. ..you will be well taken care of! :)

Yeah very true. Oddly enough we had her booked for our Victory cruise in Dec 2012 but the port people would not let her in on time... and we missed her and had to go with a random company who really did a good job. When I got home she had emailed me apologizing for the mixup and that is why we decided to give her another chance. Honestly we have not had a bad experience ever in Barbados in our 5 times there. It is a beautiful place.

Yeah very true. Oddly enough we had her booked for our Victory cruise in Dec 2012 but the port people would not let her in on time... and we missed her and had to go with a random company who really did a good job. When I got home she had emailed me apologizing for the mixup and that is why we decided to give her another chance. Honestly we have not had a bad experience ever in Barbados in our 5 times there. It is a beautiful place.

Let's hope all goes well this time. A way around the delays would be to arrange to meet her outside the port gates. It's just a short walk (as you know) and it would certainly expedite things.

• 1 month later...

We will be there in April 2015 and don't want to do the catamaran because it seems a little pricey for us. But, we would still like to go to a nice beach and see some turtles. I have been reading about Payne's Bay, but I am not sure how far is it from port? Are there facilities?

Advice is appreciated :confused: