Price of wine & dine package on only Liberty sailing out of Barcelona 2014

peteukmcr

This is a question only for those who have sailed on Liberty out of Barcelona this year and purchased a wine & dine package.

The reason I'm asking is that I cannot reconcile the prices quoted in the pre cruise planner of the RCI website.

For example, before you add a 7 bottle wine & dine package to the cart it quotes a price of £115.05 which the footnote states includes the 15% gratuity. I know there will be Spanish VAT to add, but there is no way £115.05 can end up in excess of £162!

Whatever I try, adding 15% gratuity and 21% of £115 to the price I can't get to £162.

My husband and I just went through the same thing! With all the taxes, I am pretty certain the 7 bottles ended up being close to $200.00. It was supposed to be $115.00, with the taxes as well as I beleive a corking fee it ended up way more than what we thought. Unfortunatley, with the European itineraries there is just no way around all the excess taxes. With that being said, you will have a fabulous time!!!!! We loved the itinerary and Liberty. We will be back on her again in June out of Bayonne, New Jersey. Happy cruising!

If you try 115.05 * 1.15 = 132.3 and then 132.3 * 1.21= 160.09£ Which is pretty close.

I agree with your calculation, but there is no way you should pay 21% VAT on a price that includes 15% gratuity. It should be 115.05 + 17.26 (15%) and 115.05 + 24.16 (21%) so a total of £156.47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by peteukmcr

I agree with your calculation, but there is no way you should pay 21% VAT on a price that includes 15% gratuity. It should be 115.05 + 17.26 (15%) and 115.05 + 24.16 (21%) so a total of £156.47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the exact same calculation and got the same answer at the weekend. I went ahead and booked the 7 bottle package anyway for our back-to-back cruises on Oasis later this week. It seems like it's just another way for RCI to increase revenue!:rolleyes: