Laundry help please!

Elevatorman

I agree.

We seldom use the free elite laundry anymore. We've had more than our share of bad luck. I keep posting these photos simply as a warning.

One wash of a high quality, nearly new t-shirt:

blogger-image--1035845317.jpg

A few small holes caused by the ship's laundry grew with each subsequent wash:

blogger-image--1285376694.jpg

blogger-image--1712713953.jpg

We've even had several broken waistband buttons caused by pressing of shorts that cleaned (not laundered).

Thought that we were the only ones to get holes in our clothes that we send out to the laundry. Only send out tee shirts that I don't care if they come back with holes in them. Once a new Princess tee shirt came back with black stains on the back. The laundry did get the stain out but the red tee shirt was now faded, 3 inches shorter and about 2 inches wider. Luckily, I had an identical shirt that I took down to Passenger Services to show them the differences. I did get a good refund.

Edited by coo359a2

Had free laundry on my last Royal Princess cruise. Great service in my opinion for underwear socks and pjs and jeans and workout clothing. I sent these items out every other night on our Baltic cruise. I had purchased a few new tops- Michael Kors- for the trip- they looked worn and old- not new anymore after the return from the laundry on hangers. Looked like they went through "the ringer". I didn't have any issues with stains or shrinkage but felt like the clothing was ruined.

Actually, I find my things shrinking whether I have them washed or not. It seems that they shrink proportionately to the length of the cruise. It is probably the humidity.

Yes the sea air has a lot to do with it, even if you never send anything to the laundry. We're taking a 28 day cruise next month and I'm already buying larger sizes.

All I can say to the people who have never had a problem is do not send in an article of value to wash. Sooner or later they'll ruin it.

When we first became Elite I sent in socks & underwear for regular washing only to find them shrunk to the point I couldn't even wear the socks any longer. Not that their expensive items but when I'm on a cruise I don't have many as a backup to spare.

What does it take to wash out a few items each night? Put them on the clip hangers & there ready for the next day. :)

Hi All

One thing we have found on t shirts is they wear or get holed were the label is, we have put this done to the equipment used for ironing.

Service has always been quick,

Very good with formal shirts.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Our family had laundry done on the Star Princess. Everything came back in great shape. Some of the clothes were folded and some were on hangers. I usually make two bags of laundry, one for whites and one for darks, but on this trip I had only one bag for everything. As my husband is elite the bag was free, however, we saw the price and we would have been charged $63.00. (Had we been at home this bag would have filled one standard washer.). Love going home with clean laundry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums