Navigator - Did It Leave Bermuda On Time Yesterday?

Jeanne S

As I recall the Navigator sailed from St Georges on Sunday 5pm for Norfolk. We it to sail yesterday as scheduled; it would seem to be near to or in the path of Irene (upgraded to Hurricane Status).

At 11pm was 335 miles off Cape Hatteras, moving north, by north east with 80mph winds. Had the ship left Bermuda 5 hours earlier may have been in the path of some of it.

I was wondering if the ship has stayed in St Georges until Irene is out of its way and if so how long she was delayed.

This was the first time I was on a Radisson cruise, it was our honeymoon! But it really was the best cruise! We were on the 10th floor so we had a butler which was nice but really no big deal. The ship is smaller then what I've been on recently so I thought it rocked a lot more. We hit some rough seas on Thursday on the way down and a lot of the people we talked to were sick.

This was the first time I was on a Radisson cruise, it was our honeymoon! But it really was the best cruise! We were on the 10th floor so we had a butler which was nice but really no big deal. The ship is smaller then what I've been on recently so I thought it rocked a lot more. We hit some rough seas on Thursday on the way down and a lot of the people we talked to were sick.

Congratulations on your recent nuptials!

While on Serenade of the Seas we also left port little early – Halifax of all places – for Hurricane Juan which made a direct hit the very next day (Cat 2). The ship was 90,000 and we were rocking with Tsunami like waves created in the pool.

Cannot wait to watch Travel Spies and the Navigator tonight – have been waiting for this for the past week.

Congratulations on your recent nuptials!

While on Serenade of the Seas we also left port little early – Halifax of all places – for Hurricane Juan which made a direct hit the very next day (Cat 2). The ship was 90,000 and we were rocking with Tsunami like waves created in the pool.

Cannot wait to watch Travel Spies and the Navigator tonight – have been waiting for this for the past week.

Thank you!

Travel spies message board

"On behalf of the the hospitality industry, stop taping this show! As I work for a very reputable international hotel chain, I can speak from experience. All a show like this does is create monster customers who think they are entitled to everything and anything because they paid to rent a room and frustration amongst the staff. "No, sir, you cannot have our entire post-it note supply. That was not included in your room rate." "I'm sorry, our airport shuttle cannot take you twenty miles to a wedding/shopping outlet/winery. Why? Because it's an airport shuttle, that's all. I can call a cab for you... you don't want to pay for a cab?" Not only do people ask for ridiculous things, they throw a childish temper tantrum when they can't get what they want, most of the time because we honestly CANNOT DO WHAT THEY ASK, not because we DONT WANT TO. This show depicts the kind of behavior that for some reason people believe is ok in a hotel. In no other industry do you see staff members eating sh*t by the shovel all the while smiling like we do. I onced watched a couple get almost completely comped for their stay because they made such a scene over situations that had nothing to do with the hotel, yet they were appeased just to get them to go away, until they started yelling racial slurs at my manager who literally COULD NOT GIVE THEM ANY MORE. The cops were finally called.

I have nothing against providing exemplary service to every guest that walks in, our hotel was actually awarded three awards for service this year. However, when my hands are tied, my hands are tied. I think the American public is so used hearing and seeing where celebrities stay and what outrageous services they get, that they are delusional in thinking that they should receive the same obeisance. However, these are services that people they PAY FOR. They may not be services published in writing, but you pay over $1,000 a night for a room, you will have staff that is instructed to do almost anything (legal or in their power) for that guest. However, if you are paying $129 for a room in a full service hotel (restaurant, pool, bar, airport shuttle, etc.) you are paying for these amenities and the normal services associated with it. When you fly coach, you know what to expect. Guests coming into hotels however, have unrealistic expectations. Now I know this show is about higher end hotels, however, like I said, all this does is create rude guests with ridiculous requests. (LIKE THE SHOW) Let me state, however, that this is not the typical behavior of all our guests. I have met some truly remarkable reoccuring guests that know I do everything I can to make their stay pleasurable, and appreciate it, yet know that we can't DO EVERYTHING FOR THEM. (Do you go to a supermarket and ask the cashier to wash your clothes? NO, so why should we have to drive you halfway across god's green earth to find natural hemp diapers because you forgot your child's at home? But I digress.... PLEASE TAKE THIS HORRID SHOW OFF THE AIR before no one wants to work under such conditions, and then who will make your pillow pyramid??"

Archived