Early Saver Questions

Ellie42699

I'm sure these questions have been asked already, but I'm fairly new here and thought it would be easier to just ask instead of searching for the answer since I'm considering booking in the next few days and am pressed for time. I thank all of you ahead of time for responding.

I am completely confused with early saver and have the following questions.

1. How many times can you submit a early saver form? Once or as many times as you can find a price drop?

2. Is the price difference only issued as a OBC or is the price just adjusted so you pay less? I assume after you make your final payment and request a adjustment that would get issued as OBC. What happens before final payment?

3. How many days before your cruise can you submit a early saver request?

4. How much have you all saved using early saver?

We sailed on the Breeze this past August on the 6 day and really want to book again next year. I booked this cruise less than 30 days out and got a cove for 559.00 per person, right now the prices for a cove are over 750.00. What should I do? Book last minute again or book early saver now? I'm not picky where I am, as long as I have a balcony.

I'm sure these questions have been asked already, but I'm fairly new here and thought it would be easier to just ask instead of searching for the answer since I'm considering booking in the next few days and am pressed for time. I thank all of you ahead of time for responding.

1. How many times can you submit a early saver form? Once or as many times as you can find a price drop? As many times as you see a price drop.

2. Is the price difference only issued as a OBC or is the price just adjusted so you pay less? I assume after you make your final payment and request a adjustment that would get issued as OBC. What happens before final payment? Before Final payment, they will reduce your fare and the balance due will show the difference.

3. How many days before your cruise can you submit a early saver request? 2 days before.

4. How much have you all saved using early saver? $265

We sailed on the Breeze this past August on the 6 day and really want to book again next year. I booked this cruise less than 30 days out and got a cove for 559.00 per person, right now the prices for a cove are over 750.00. What should I do? Book last minute again or book early saver now? I'm not picky where I am, as long as I have a balcony.

I would say book ES now, if the price goes down closer to sailing and you see a png rate which is much cheaper (minus the $50pp fee), you can always cancel your booking and rebook at the png rate. Edited by Herbaltees

1. How many times can you submit a early saver form? Once or as many times as you can find a price drop?

2. Is the price difference only issued as a OBC or is the price just adjusted so you pay less? I assume after you make your final payment and request a adjustment that would get issued as OBC. What happens before final payment?

3. How many days before your cruise can you submit a early saver request?

4. How much have you all saved using early saver?

1) As many as you want -- I just submitted my 5th drop for my cruise sailing in 6 days

2) Before final payment, you can get either OBC or a drop in price

3) Up to 2 days prior

4) Sailing the Conquest on Sunday - just got another $140 for 2 oceanview cabins, pushing me over $1030 total in OBC

1) As many as you want -- I just submitted my 5th drop for my cruise sailing in 6 days

2) Before final payment, you can get either OBC or a drop in price

3) Up to 2 days prior

4) Sailing the Conquest on Sunday - just got another $140 for 2 oceanview cabins, pushing me over $1030 total in OBC

My goodness!!! Either your original price must have been horrendous, or your new price is dirt cheap. Either way congratulations.

There's another thread talking about how guarantee rates like pack 'n go can't be price matched to get OBC under Early Saver, so that's something to consider if you just want the cheapest rate and really don't care where your room ends up. Of course, there's always a risk that the cruise will sell better and there won't be last minute good deals, or you'll wait too long for a last-minute deal and all the balconies will be gone. So, basically you'll have to decide how much risk you want to take to save money. Of course, Early Saver has its own risks because of the restrictions and penalties.

We only received a little OBC when we've booked ES once and none the other time, but we were sailing at already cheap times of the year and were very happy with the Early Saver price. There are so many factors that will affect whether you will end up receiving OBC -- demand for your room category and Carnival's decisions about what kinds of rates to offer, etc.

Edited by KatieCharlotte