Can we use cruise airline checkin without their transportation?

jlk806

This past cruise (1st Disney cruise) we used the cruise airline checkin and they printed our boarding passes and checked our luggage for us, and we used the cruiseline transport back to the airport. This coming cruise, we have an 8:30PM flight so we are just going to rent a car and go do something for the day, wondering if we will still be able to use the airline checkin and get our boarding passes and have them check our bags or will we have to take our bags with us since we aren't using their transportation?

This past cruise (1st Disney cruise) we used the cruise airline checkin and they printed our boarding passes and checked our luggage for us, and we used the cruiseline transport back to the airport. This coming cruise, we have an 8:30PM flight so we are just going to rent a car and go do something for the day, wondering if we will still be able to use the airline checkin and get our boarding passes and have them check our bags or will we have to take our bags with us since we aren't using their transportation?

In order to utilize the Onboard Airline Checkin these are the requirements:

From Port Canaveral: (from cruise documents 8/9/2014)

The requirements are below

You must have purchased DCL Air and/or DCL Ground Transfers

• Your flight has to leave from Orlando International Airport after 11:30 am on the same day your cruise vacation ends.

• Your flight must be on a participating airline:

AirTran Airways

Alaska Airlines

American Airlines

Delta Air Lines

JetBlue Airways

United Airlines

US Airways

• Your final destination must be within the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands)

• Each luggage piece can weigh no more than fifty (50) pounds.

• Airline specific baggage fees may apply and can vary by airline. Please check with your specific carrier for more details.

• Applicable airline baggage fees will be posted directly to your shipboard account.

• Some Guests may be select4ed to check in at the airport and may not be able to use this service.

Bolded part is the part that answers your question. You must have either purchased your transfers through DCL or purchased your airline travel through DCL or both.

And, of course, you must be using one of the airlines listed on a domestic flight.

We're in the same boat (well, off the boat :D). Our airflights got changed and we were going to have sit at the airport for over 8 hours before our flight. So we're renting a car and heading to WDW for the day. Have to bring our bags with us :(.

Edited by Shmoo here

Thank you, that answers it doubly for me, since no I didn't book the cruiseline transfer (as we'd end up sitting at the airport for like 8 hours if we did) and anyhow we are flying Southwest home this trip, last time was JetBlue. No big deal we will have our rental car will just throw the bags in the trunk while we drive around finding something to do. Thanks!

No, you have to use DCL transfers back to airport to be eligible for cruise airline check in.

This past pay I paid for transfers from resort to port, but since I had a late flight I rented a car to drive to the airport. The DCL online is confusing because when I finished my online check in it brought me to a screen to verify airline check in, but when I got to the port the CM said, no, no.