LIVE from the Enchantment 8/14-8/21 #1

Thought of something else.

I broke my own rule: don't deliberately place yourself in aggravation's way. I decided to get a pedicure. It was a decent pedicure, and she only "tried" to sell me some stuff. As soon as I asked the price ($52) and I let my eyes bug out, she stopped pushing it.

But it cost WAY more than I thought it would, and I thought that the way the services are listed is deceptive, and she said, "Oh, we only HAVE one kind of pedicure. (the expensive one)" NO, honey, there are three on your list, and I THOUGHT I was NOT getting the "expensive" one. And it wasn't 55 minutes long, which is what the expensive one said it was.

I go back to what I used to say: never use the spa on board. (unless someone else is treating.)

You are truly so kind to tell of your travels while on board. I too will try to do the same because I enjoy reading yours so much!! I actually called my hubby at work and read him your chops review. Our mouth was watering and it confirmed it will be a place to try at least once.

The trill of the countdown is on for us as we are sailing Sept 11th

I hope I can be 1/2 as good of a correspondent as you are.....

Thanks again

Carol --

Have you had a chance to deliver my message to Chris at the rock climbing wall yet?? Please don't forget... and let me know how it goes!!!

Thanks again for all your posts!!! I love reading them!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Hi Carol-

I am so loving your posts, but I'm falling behind at work from checking this website too often for your latest news!

Really appreciate your details, and can't wait for 8/30 to get here.

Continue having a wonderful time, and posting when you can....

Wendy

Wow, I wish I were with you instead of 7+weeks away! Sounds like you are having a great time. Put a little sticky note on your favorite slot machine so I go sit at it when we are on board! :)

If Ajay is your head waiter in the main dining room, tell him hi and I can't wait to sail with him on Oct 2!

Hi Carol-

thanks for the posts- yes, it's great to live vicariously!

couple of ?'s-

Martha's Vineyard- you said you were glad you took the tour. Can you share name of tour, where you found it and why you're glad you took it? Did you have to book in advance?

Chops- do you remember if they did (or did not) have prime rib on the menu?

and last- but certainly not least- inquiring minds want to know if there were any "issues" with bringing your own liquor on board. I would rather buy on board and pay the extra fee- but since they don't allow that anymore I guess we'll put it in our checked luggage. Do you know if anyone had something "confiscated" from their checked luggage? I know NCL does this which is one reason we won't sail on them (don't flame me- personal opinion, this is like a hotel- if I want to drink in our room in privacy- I should be able to. Trust me, our bar bill is still in a fairly hefty range at the end of the trip as we do enjoy the atmosphere in the bars/lounges at times- but also at times want to be in ours pj's and that might be frowned upon in the bar? guess it would depend on the pj's.....)

if you could share those answers I'd sure appreciate it ...and am guessing several others would as well.

keep enjoying.....

Don't know about you guys but all the kids in central florida are in school now. Neices and nephews in different counties in Georgia are in school now too. May explain all the gray hair that you're seeing...

Kids up here in the Northeast still have 2-3 weeks before returning.

Wow, I wish I were with you instead of 7+weeks away! Sounds like you are having a great time. Put a little sticky note on your favorite slot machine so I go sit at it when we are on board! :)

If Ajay is your head waiter in the main dining room, tell him hi and I can't wait to sail with him on Oct 2!

Hi Murphy,

Because of many positive posts, I asked about Ajay when we boarded on 7/31. Apparently he has gone home for a while.

Hi Murphy,

Because of many positive posts, I asked about Ajay when we boarded on 7/31. Apparently he has gone home for a while.

I hope he is enjoying his time off. Too bad for me though! Maybe if he has 8 weeks off, he'll be back in time to sail with us! :)

Carol,

I realize your trip is almost over, and I'm sure that you feel that it's only started!:) What is totally amazing is your wonderful following! Thanks to your guidance, when on shore, there are more posts here, just following your cruise, than on most other subjects. That's a tip of the hat to you........and we will welcome you home with open arms, and look forward to a complete review!:D

Now, get off the internet, and relax and enjoy the rest of your wonderful voyage!!

Rick

Carol, Carol, Carol..... It has been waaay to long since you're last post!!! I'm starting to suffer cruise withdrawal!!!! How was Bar Harbor??? Have you talked to my friend at the rock climbing wall yet?!?!?!?!

Looking forward to reading your next post!!!

Amy

My guess is her family "caught" her on the internet.....and have tied her fingers together to prevent her from posting! My DH gets upset about my spending "too much time on the computer" (translate to "too much time on Cruise Boards")

I'm sure we'll get lots of GREAT information from a reliable source upon her return...once they untie the fingers of course....

My guess is her family "caught" her on the internet.....and have tied her fingers together to prevent her from posting! My DH gets upset about my spending "too much time on the computer" (translate to "too much time on Cruise Boards")

I'm sure we'll get lots of GREAT information from a reliable source upon her return...once they untie the fingers of course....

I am sure she is just having a blast!

I, for one, won't be posting on my cruise!

Oh....my gosh............a couple of days without Carol............What will we do:confused:

Carol is a wonderful poster... and a wonderful school teacher!!!! (if that isn't important, let me tell you about a dying breed!!)

Let's get this thread to the count of 100, just for her:D

And then welcome her home with a new thread,...........maybe coming from the oldtimers on this board, just because you all know her better than I.

Just a fireboat with streams of water as she sails back into her home town.......Just a word of thanks for giving up some of her time to write all of us........

Tomorrow brings you back to reality!!!!!!!

Rick

PS Let your fingers do the talking:D

Carol, I am anxiously awaiting your next post. I never drink at my puter when reading one of your posts because I wind up spraying the monitor. I am soooooooo rude. LOL Ummm one question. Were any tiaras seen???????????

Archived