Any $100 HSN-like promos and/or next Big NCL Sale expected / tracking price drops?

mikeerdas

Got my eyes on a May 2015 sailing to Europe. Suspect there may have been a big sale over Labor Day weekend, but I hadn't been planning a specific sailing with a specific cruise line at the time.

Anyone know if / when:

1) There are any current generic promos going on; I was able to take advantage of the $100 HSN promo for my last NCL cruise to Europe

2) The next big NCL sale will be

3) What the best current tool / method is for tracking price drops?

For #3, I know there used to be a site for that but think it went to a subscription business model. Should I simply find the cruise I want on NCL's web site, book mark it, then check daily?

I always book direct so I have control over my booking, and am guaranteed to get price drops if I call and ask nicely).

Actually have a window of between 1 and 3 sailing dates so I'm flexible. What's the best way to track the prices on these sailings without pointing-and-clicking my way through each day?

Again, suspect it would be easiest to make a bookmark Folder in whatever browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome; add the links for the 3 sailings, then right click the folder each day as Open All Bookmarks in Tabs.

Thing is, are links to NCL's sailing dates persistent? Or should I use some other travel search engine. Again, I want to book via NCL directly. But want any easy way of tracking price.

Any thoughts here? Or should I just book now directly via NCL and request a price drop later if I see one?

Got my eyes on a May 2015 sailing to Europe. Suspect there may have been a big sale over Labor Day weekend, but I hadn't been planning a specific sailing with a specific cruise line at the time.

Anyone know if / when:

1) There are any current generic promos going on; I was able to take advantage of the $100 HSN promo for my last NCL cruise to Europe

2) The next big NCL sale will be

3) What the best current tool / method is for tracking price drops?

For #3, I know there used to be a site for that but think it went to a subscription business model. Should I simply find the cruise I want on NCL's web site, book mark it, then check daily?

I always book direct so I have control over my booking, and am guaranteed to get price drops if I call and ask nicely).

Actually have a window of between 1 and 3 sailing dates so I'm flexible. What's the best way to track the prices on these sailings without pointing-and-clicking my way through each day?

Again, suspect it would be easiest to make a bookmark Folder in whatever browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome; add the links for the 3 sailings, then right click the folder each day as Open All Bookmarks in Tabs.

Thing is, are links to NCL's sailing dates persistent? Or should I use some other travel search engine. Again, I want to book via NCL directly. But want any easy way of tracking price.

Likewise, we booked back in March for a June 2015 Mediterranean cruise and our cabin category has gone up in price three times since then.... never a price drop. I noticed a few other categories on the same cruise have gone up 4 times since then...

I have made great use of the site I think you alluded to... the one that tracks prices. Yes, they do have a subscription-based model but it is very cheap.... you buy 5 credits for $5 total and can track 5 different sailings. I tracked my two cruises this past summer and am tracking the two I'm sailing on next summer and still have a single "credit" on account for my next booked cruise.

Brian

NCL is currently offering special Onboard Perks for bookings through 9/14.

Does anyone know if these are available only for new bookings? Looks like it but you never know with NCL. :confused:

I called last night and they told me it was for new bookings only. I could have canceled and rebooked but I would have lost more than I would have gained.

I called last night and they told me it was for new bookings only. I could have canceled and rebooked but I would have lost more than I would have gained.

Thanks for the info. Trying to determine whether to go with an online agency or book direct. I typically book direct with the cruise line so I'm able to get all price drops.

I know we're not allowed to discuss specific vendors, but I'm struggling with what to do. Currently, the few vendors I've shopped were around significantly less expensive than what I see on NCL.com. So it's almost like a built-in price drop. Maybe go with the online TA then in this case?