Has pricing always looked strange on RCI.com?

Maybaybie10

I'm sorry, but this one may be a little hard to explain.

I'm already booked on our cruise, but often look for price drops as most do.

Today I clicked on my cabin catagory, and instead of saying "Prices starting from $1286pp", it said "prices starting from "$1094pp". When I clicked on the E2, it said "Per Person Price Guests 1-2: $1,098.5 - $1,121.5, Total $2,197 - $2,243".

Well that was great, I thought, since MY current price is $1465pp (base price). When I picked a stateroom and viewed my "summary of charges", the room was back to $1465pp base price.

I called RCI.com and asked WHICH room exactly was the $1098.50? She said "at one point we must've had staterooms that started at that price, but they aren't available anymore." Then shouldn't the per person price say $1098.50-$1465pp?? I have been checking the prices daily since we booked a month ago and the balcony has ALWAYS said "prices from $1286", never anything as low as $1094. Am I missing something here??? If they give a range in a specific cabin catagory of $1098-$1121 for guests 1 and 2, doesn't that mean that the entire cabin catagory should fall within those parameters?

Thanks for any insight you have. Normally, I wouldn't have even bothered to call, but $300 is a big drop (or mystery drop I guess), and I think it may be a bit of false advertising.

glad you figured it out but isn't it strange that the RCC rep didn't know? i called with the same question a few weeks ago and my rep gave me the same reply - which is essentially "i have no idea".

travelocity is much worse in terms of screwy prices on their website and un-helpful reps.

I have noticed the same thing recently. I see "cabins starting at $x" so I go and look at the very cheapest category, where it says the same thing, but no matter what combination of people, discounts, etc, I put in, I never see that per person price come out at the end.

And I've been pricing cabins for a long time. Something needs to be fixed.

Edited by marci22

These ridiculous promotions are very frustrating. I know there are some people who won't buy anything unless they think they are getting some kind of a special offer. But most of us just want to know what the actual price is, in clear terms. It's hard enough to find out what the actual price is even when they're not running one of these supposed deals.

Maybe they can have a drop-down on the search page that lets you either show the real price, or the bait-price (for those that only buy things on sale).