Captain Max

azcruisingmom

Not yet, but we have a day sail lined up with her in November. So I'd love to hear about other's experiences as well. Although frankly, Maxine so far has been so accommodating that it would take some seriously negative reviews to make us consider cancelling! We are very much looking forward to our day sailing in paradise!

• 3 weeks later...

I had to dig to find my review but Captain Max is wonderful. We just booked another cruise that will stop in St. Thomas and I hop to sail with Captain Max again. Here is an excerpt from my review re. Captain Max

Tuesday – St. Thomas

We had booked an all-day sailing/snorkeling trip with Captain Max from Red Hook Harbor. She arranged for a taxi to pick us up right at the ship to take us to the harbor. This was probably the best day of our cruise. I would recommend this excursion to everyone. There’s a maximum of 6 guests on her sailboat. She took us over to St. John to snorkel. Before lunch, we snorkeled near shore and saw some beautiful fish and coral. We went back to the boat for a wonderful lunch. Food and drinks were great, the rum punch was amazing. After lunch, Capt. Max pointed us to a grassy area just offshore of a gorgeous beach where she said there should be sea turtles. Sure enough, we saw quite a few sea turtles feeding down in the sea grass. I had the neatest experience. I was snorkeling at the surface above a sea turtle, when all of a sudden he came up for air. He was probably 2 feet away from me on the surface. Of course I did not have my camera, but it was amazing to be so close to a sea turtle. After the second snorkel, we took a leisurely sail back to St. Thomas where our taxi was waiting for us to take us back to the ship. Captain Max is the BEST!