Room # GTY, Category 07A

creative cricket

This is my first Disney cruise. I'm going with 2 cousin's who have sailed with Disney before. Our stateroom number is: Stateroom: # GTY, Category 07A. Room category: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah.

What does GTY mean? And when do we find out what our stateroom number is? When we booked the guy kept saying we would probably upgraded. We are sailing 12-20 on the Fantasy.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by creative cricket

This is my first Disney cruise. I'm going with 2 cousin's who have sailed with Disney before. Our stateroom number is: Stateroom: # GTY, Category 07A. Room category: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah.

What does GTY mean? And when do we find out what our stateroom number is? When we booked the guy kept saying we would probably upgraded. We are sailing 12-20 on the Fantasy.

Thanks in advance!

When DCL starts taking reservations for any given cruise, once a certain percentage of rooms within any given category has been booked, the category goes "GTY" (guarantee). It means that, while you can still select the specific category, you cannot select a specific room. DCL will assign you a room later in your specific category. Or, POSSIBLY, in a higher category. But you are guaranteed that you will have at least a room in the category you booked (in your case a 7A - Navigator's Verandah).

GTY assignments typically appear somewhere in the 45-60 day window prior to the cruise. But any guarantee booking can be assigned at any time between the original booking date up to, and including, embarkation day.

You won't get a notification that your room has been assigned. You'll just see it when you check your reservation online (if it gets assigned ahead of time).

• 1 month later...

We finally got our stateroom number... #8154. Looking at the deck plans it looks like it is at the back of the ship. When I mouse over the room it says "deluxe oceanview stateroom with verandah category 05B" but down below it says "Room #8154 category 07A." What is the difference? Is it an upgrade? We were suppose to have a "navigator's verandah. (Mind you, I'm not complaining. LOL)

The cabin you're currently assigned is def a 5B. The old cateogry is likely still shown since that is the category of your reservation. Please note a couple things 1) most GTY bookings don't result in an upgrade and 2) just because the cabin has been assigned doesn't mean it can't change (not likely, but keep it in mind).

A 5B has a standard verandah so you won't have the whitewall/navigator verandah that is seen in your original category.

We finally got our stateroom number... #8154. Looking at the deck plans it looks like it is at the back of the ship. When I mouse over the room it says "deluxe oceanview stateroom with verandah category 05B" but down below it says "Room #8154 category 07A." What is the difference? Is it an upgrade? We were suppose to have a "navigator's verandah. (Mind you, I'm not complaining. LOL)

Congrats on the upgrade! We are cruising with you as well

Yes, you got an upgrade to a cat 5.

DCL continues to show the category you booked on your reservation regardless of what you were ultimately assigned. While it rarely happens, you CAN be reassigned after your cabin shows up on line. In addition, if you should choose to upgrade further at the port, you will be charged based on the category you originally booked and paid for, not from what you were assigned.

Yes' date=' you got an upgrade to a cat 5.

DCL continues to show the category you booked on your reservation regardless of what you were ultimately assigned. While it rarely happens, you CAN be reassigned after your cabin shows up on line. In addition, if you should choose to upgrade further at the port, you will be charged based on the category you originally booked and paid for, not from what you were assigned.[/quote']

I have a 7a with an assigned room number. If the ship isn't sold out, can I request a free upgrade at check-in?

I have a 7a with an assigned room number. If the ship isn't sold out, can I request a free upgrade at check-in?

No. If you ask, you pay. If DCL upgrades you, it's free.

I will point out that asking for an upgrade (upsell, really) at the port, the cost difference is typically less than upgrading before your embarkation day.

As above--if DCL gives it, it is free. If you ask for it, there will be a fee attached. No free upgrades at the port. THose from Disney occur in advance with very few exceptions. You may learn that you got an upgrade when you get to the port (typically when you are checking in or entering the terminal area and the info on the manifest doesn't match what you thought you had....but DCL assigned it in advance.

Edited by moki'smommy

No. If you ask, you pay. If DCL upgrades you, it's free.

I will point out that asking for an upgrade (upsell, really) at the port, the cost difference is typically less than upgrading before your embarkation day.

As above--if DCL gives it' date=' it is free. If you ask for it, there will be a fee attached. No free upgrades at the port. THose from Disney occur in advance with very few exceptions. You may learn that you got an upgrade when you get to the port (typically when you are checking in or entering the terminal area and the info on the manifest doesn't match what you thought you had....but DCL assigned it in advance.[/quote']

Thank you both for clairfying. I was upgraded last time with a guarentted rate, so counting my blessings. I'm fine with my current 7a assinged room. I was just wondering. No worries!