First time to Miami

abercromboi7

Hi helpful folks,

Couple quick questions.

Will be departing from POM first time in jan. We are arriving the day before, so where would you stay? South beach or downtown Miami? Is there a beach in the downtown area? Any other tips you guys have would be much appreciated!

The beach is in Miami Beach. If you are arriving early in the day and want to enjoy nightlife, people watching, dining, etc. then focus on SB - taxi from MIA to SB will run about $32+ (cab will be more expensive if you stay farther north) or take the airport flyer bus from MIA for $2.35 each to SB. Taxi from SB to POM will run about $15+

Downtown is closer to POM - lots of good local dining options and larger chain hotels (Marriott, Doubletree, etc.). Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25+ Check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Hyatt, Doubletree, Marriott, Intercontinental and Holiday Inn. Taxi the next day to POM will run about $11-12+

Book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping - prices will be high in January (you are not the only one trying toescape the winter!). Good luck! :)

The beach is in Miami Beach. If you are arriving early in the day and want to enjoy nightlife, people watching, dining, etc. then focus on SB - taxi from MIA to SB will run about $32+ (cab will be more expensive if you stay farther north) or take the airport flyer bus from MIA for $2.35 each to SB. Taxi from SB to POM will run about $15+

Downtown is closer to POM - lots of good local dining options and larger chain hotels (Marriott, Doubletree, etc.). Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25+ Check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Hyatt, Doubletree, Marriott, Intercontinental and Holiday Inn. Taxi the next day to POM will run about $11-12+

Book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping - prices will be high in January (you are not the only one trying toescape the winter!). Good luck! :)

Hi, just read your great reply. I will be in Miami for one day on Norwegian Star in Oct. Single woman with little cash . Where do you suggest I go to see ''MIAMI'

Thanks Schuddy

abercromboi7, I would base this on what time you are arriving to Miami.

If in the afternoon I would likely recommend downtown Miami over South Beach. John is right that prices will be high this time of year.

For downtown Miami I would go with something like Hampton Inn, Intercontinental, Marriott Marquis, Marriott or Hyatt.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

Hi, just read your great reply. I will be in Miami for one day on Norwegian Star in Oct. Single woman with little cash . Where do you suggest I go to see ''MIAMI'

Thanks Schuddy

Prices in October - unless it is over the Columbus weekend or around halloween - should be reasonable; I would focus on small, independent hotels in South Beach (Oyster.com and tripadvisor are your friends :)) and use the Airport Flyer bus to save $$ compared to a taxi from MIA.