What time must we disembark ship?

HappyMe_

Hi all, due to fact that on last day of our cruise, we are staying an additional day in Rome, we are not in big rush to get off ship, versus those who have flight connections.

Would we be able to leave in more leisurely fashion, i.e. say 9 or 930 am? Calling upon previous Oceania cruisers who might have this answer. Thank you, :)

Hi all, due to fact that on last day of our cruise, we are staying an additional day in Rome, we are not in big rush to get off ship, versus those who have flight connections.

Would we be able to leave in more leisurely fashion, i.e. say 9 or 930 am? Calling upon previous Oceania cruisers who might have this answer. Thank you, :)

Usually have to be out of your cabin by 8am and breakfast is served till 9am ( I think)

Just got off ship in Barcelona. You need to be out of your room at 8am and they serve breakfast in the main dining room til 8:30. We were in the same position, no need to rush off the ship. We sat down for breakfast at 8:15 and had a leisurely time on board. Got off around 9:15.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping we would be able to do that as well. Just wondering Macbest, did you stay in Barcelona? I am looking for ideas re Hotel. Have had a few suggestions here already.

Looking for something very central. On or near Las Ramblas. For us, we would rather spend extra on convenient hotel, rather than have to take cabs, or hoof it too far. Thank you.:)

We did stay in barcelona in the business district at the Hilton. It was nice, but not well located. I would recommend something else near Playa Cataluna which is more centrally located (going to be much more noisy, however) and more easy to get around. As per my post on the Europe board on CC, cabs are a huge rip off artists and so avoiding them is best.

We took the Bus Tourista, a hop on and hop off type bus which we found to be a great way to spend two days there. 17 euors for one day, 21 for two.

I don't know if being in a PH Suite had anything to do with it, but when we docked in Bueonos Aires we really took our time getting off since we were going to stay in BA for 2 days. We went to breakfast around 8:45 AM, returned to our cabin to pick up our things, and left the ship around 9:45 AM. We felt no pressure to leave earlier.

If you think of anything else conderost, just give me a nudge, lol.

I imagine with over year to plan, there shall be many areas to explore.

I have question for you, however, role reversal, lol. Are you staying postcruise in Rome and if so, do you have any suggestions?

would definitely recommend the Playa (Plaza not beach) Catalunya area for hotels in Barcelona. You definitely want to be close to La Ramblas, and that area is great (albeit noisy).

Great subway connections there as well as Renfre trains. I loved Barcelona, you will too.

Th

Archived