Queens Grill - First Meal Wardrobe

Captiveguru

For years my standard travel attire has been sport coat, golf or dress shirt (depending upon the temperature), no tie, and jeans. Plan to embark QM2 on Monday around noon (coming straight from LGA). I know the QG is open for lunch and I plan to eat there. Do I need to change into dress slacks for this meal?

For years my standard travel attire has been sport coat, golf or dress shirt (depending upon the temperature), no tie, and jeans. Plan to embark QM2 on Monday around noon (coming straight from LGA). I know the QG is open for lunch and I plan to eat there. Do I need to change into dress slacks for this meal?

No. A quick wash and spruce up and off you go. You can leave your sports coat behind. Lunch and breakfast don't require jackets.

No. A quick wash and spruce up and off you go. You can leave your sports coat behind. Lunch and breakfast don't require jackets.

If you do wish to wear your sport coat, it is likely you won't be the only one because many men wear a jacket/blazer when travelling to the pier. I always do, not for appearances, but because I like to have something to keep me warm (I never take holidays to hot places) and I like to have pockets for wallet, passport, documents, etc. Many people in both PG and QG go straight to the restaurant after leaving their hand-luggage. I have seen more than a few gents wearing jacket and tie to lunch on embarkation day, although almost never whilst at sea.

I usually wear a light-weight suit to board and, after dropping off hand luggage in the cabin, wear it for lunch and then the sailaway party (quickly showering/changing before dinner). As was observed by david,Mississauga, I am also one of those who then never wears a jacket to lunch for the rest of the voyage!

(Some people do wear jeans during the day, at least, I've seen it done ;) )

Have a great time :)

Edited by pepperrn

My husband wore shorts in the QG at breakfast and lunch on the World Cruise - along with LOADS of other passengers.

Denims, crops, cut offs and shorts [if out of the case in time for first lunch, assuming not worn to embark], all acceptable wear during the day in QG restaurant, first lunch to last breakfast, and long may it remain so.:)