Hello -

I am going to spend some time in Rome with my family - kids ages 10 and 12. I am looking for a hotel that is centrally located to the sites that offers quad rooms - moderately priced. I can find quite a few at $500 per night but that is too pricey for us. Any ideas?

We just stayed at Hotel Nardizzi on Via Firenze. It was recommended in Rick Steves' Rome book. The rates were discounted with his book and 10% more if paid in cash. We paid $100 per night for a double/private bath. They had quads available. We were pleased with the rooms, very clean and nice updated bathroom. The staff was pleasant,friendly and helpful. It's not fancy, but it's centrally located and in a very quite and safe area. They serve a continental breakfast on the rooftop breezeway.(nice) Make sure you ask for a cappuccino, they will make one for you, instead of the coffee they have out. We enjoyed staying there and would stay again. Enjoy your stay in Rome, we loved it. Dianne

Hotel Nardizzi

We are staying at the Residence Barberini. It is near the Spanish steps, I think. It is a small hotel, 12 suites, and is rated 4 or 5 stars. About.com listed it as one of 5 great hotels in Rome. I think each suite will sleep 5. the cost was less than 2 rooms at some of the other hotels I tried. This does not include breakfast, but there is a computer in every room with free internet. They have a website.

We will be there May 20th, so when we return I'll let you know how it went.

Becky

A good place to search for hotels and other accommodation (apartments, townhouse suites, B&Bs, etc.) in Rome and other European cities, is at: Venere.Com.

Just enter the city, dates, guests and rooms required and it will list all the available accommodation. Some have reviews as well.

I have booked through Venere.Com and they are secure.

Cheers

We found a great hotel in between the Spanish Steps and The Piazza del Popolo called Hotel Mozart. They have a deluxe room (with terrace) that accomodates 4. It is a 3 star hotel, but was really lovely. The NY Times recently did a write up on it.

Archived