Access to "secret deck" availability

Swampbaby

Never gave a thought as last two cruises our cabin was right at the mid elevators and we could see when it was ready. Now we are booked in a 4J on deck 7 but it seemed I remember the hallways blocked to passengers until the rooms were ready. Since certain levels and FTTF holders have access I am wondering if the hallways are actually open. I could go to the "secret deck" and in the process see if our cabin was ready for luggage to be dropped, etc. I really didn't think about purchasing the FTTF as the cabin must have been one of the first for that steward to finish and now the FTTF is sold out.

you will be told when you are checking in what time to expect the cabins to be ready.

Also if they are ready before 1:30 they will announce it.

If you do not have FTTF count on the 1:30pm time for entry into your cabin

First, I don't know that there's any rhyme or reason as to what cabins are ready first with the exception of FTTF and platinum/diamond. People always say that suites are ready early, but if a cabin steward only has suites, that may not always be the case.

Second, even if you can see that your individual cabin is ready, that doesn't mean you have access to the hallway unless you earned it or paid for it.

If you go down early and happen to see that the hallway is open, then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the doors to the hallways are closed, that means that you aren't suppose to go through them unless you are Platinum/Diamond or have purchased FTTF. There is a sign on the doors stating that if you fall into the above categories, you are welcome to enter. If not, the cabins will be available at a certain time, usually 1:30.

Once the cabins are ready, the doors will be propped open. Some people get away with going to their cabins early but we have seen the stewards stop people and ask to see their S&S cards to check to see if they are suppose to be in there or not.

Am I missing something on this thread? The subject is for the "secret deck" and the messages are referring to when a person can get into a cabin without FTTF.

BTW, on the Splendor last week, they opened the doors for all to get to their cabins around 1:00pm

Never gave a thought as last two cruises our cabin was right at the mid elevators and we could see when it was ready. Now we are booked in a 4J on deck 7 but it seemed I remember the hallways blocked to passengers until the rooms were ready. Since certain levels and FTTF holders have access I am wondering if the hallways are actually open. I could go to the "secret deck" and in the process see if our cabin was ready for luggage to be dropped, etc. I really didn't think about purchasing the FTTF as the cabin must have been one of the first for that steward to finish and now the FTTF is sold out.

Am I missing something on this thread? The subject is for the "secret deck" and the messages are referring to when a person can get into a cabin without FTTF.

BTW, on the Splendor last week, they opened the doors for all to get to their cabins around 1:00pm

The Subject may be for the secret deck but the question was for when the cabins were ready.