Room Service Continental Breakfast

regnig

Just as a follow up to my original post question I ordered 4 cups of coffee for DD and received a large pot and 4 cups of tea for myself and received 2 of the smaller pots. Fortunately there was NO coffee taste in the smaller cups at all. :D I skipped asking for Breakfast Tea but there was always ample supply of many varieties out at the Lido to choose from.

Happy to hear about the no coffee taste. Hopefully I got a mix up.

Can someone explain to me how to order salmon with a bagel on the door hanger? Do I check the box for smoked salmon and also for bagel or does checking the smoked salmon box automatically include a bagel? Also, does the smoked salmon come with anything (capers, onion, cream cheese)? If not, can I request those as well?

Can someone explain to me how to order salmon with a bagel on the door hanger? Do I check the box for smoked salmon and also for bagel or does checking the smoked salmon box automatically include a bagel? Also, does the smoked salmon come with anything (capers, onion, cream cheese)? If not, can I request those as well?

I had that for my breakfast on debarkation morning, so I'll chime in. The salmon doesn't come with anything. (You can probably get capers, etc. if you hand-write them in.) You can order cream cheese, though, as well as a bagel. Then you assemble it yourself. Nothing's automatic; if you expect an item, you gotta specify it. (They're probably controlling food waste that way.) Also, individual portions of each item are small; double up if you want a filling breakfast.

Here's the entire room service breakfast menu, courtesy of Zydeco Cruiser:

DSC_3079.JPG

I was talking to the guy refilling the tea box and mentioned about the shortage of the kind of tea I like at the end of the cruise. He suggested I take a few extra for the end of the cruise.

Whatever you do, please don't take the bananas! Some members here (andy.capitan), frown upon "banana hoarders."

Edited by Disconnections

Not at all. Is that a banana in your pocket?

If banana hoarding didn't bother you, why the comments on the Magic TA roll call about those who do? It depletes the available bananas for those ordering continental room service on Carnival or ordering a complimentary fruit basket to be replenished each day on other various cruise lines.

If banana hoarding didn't bother you, why the comments on the Magic TA roll call about those who do? It depletes the available bananas for those ordering continental room service on Carnival or ordering a complimentary fruit basket to be replenished each day on other various cruise lines.

I have no idea what you are referring to, nor do I care.

I had that for my breakfast on debarkation morning, so I'll chime in. The salmon doesn't come with anything. (You can probably get capers, etc. if you hand-write them in.) You can order cream cheese, though, as well as a bagel. Then you assemble it yourself. Nothing's automatic; if you expect an item, you gotta specify it. (They're probably controlling food waste that way.) Also, individual portions of each item are small; double up if you want a filling breakfast.

Here's the entire room service breakfast menu, courtesy of Zydeco Cruiser:

DSC_3079.JPG

I really like hot chocolate late night on lido (if machine is working) does anyone know for room service if it comes premade, or packet?

We have learned that we prefer the DR for breakfast rather than the Lido every day. But, we still like to take our time getting ready for the day & having a cup of coffee on the balcony, so we always order coffee for both of us, a fruit plate and 4 assorted danish. We always call when we wake up rather than leave out the door hanger and have always had prompt service. We love our cruise mornings!:D

Every time I had the room service smoked salmon, it came with capers and a few rings of red onion. Order the bagel separately, also the cream cheese (I have found that you need two orders of cream cheese to properly cover both halves of the bagel.) My bagels always arrive lightly toasted, without having to specify it on the card.