v.pleased with packing

kerryincork

I stink at packing. Usually I tend to over pack my oversized suitcase with every piece of clothing that I own and usually end up not using 3/4ths of it. I've downsized to a normal suitcase for my upcoming cruise and I'm already anxious about how I'm going to pack everything! Hah! On the other hand I'm a horrible under packer for short weekend trips. I always forget something....

Thank goodness the airlines our flights are on allow two checked bags per passenger with no fees. Along with whatever I carry on, I can still bring all those clothes and shoes that I think I need. lol

Seriously, we've driven to the ports for our last two cruises and didn't have to worry about limiting what we brought along so I was a little concerned. We like to dress up for the formal night (or whatever it's called now) so always have some extra packing there. And we always eat in the MDR or a specialty restaurant so I like to have some skirts and dresses for that too. Then there are the shoes, oh the shoes.

I know, I am a hopeless over packer by some standards but the clothes and shoes are part of what makes my cruise fun so I'll probably keep on doing it.

But on the other hand, when I'm going on a business trip, it's the bare minimum needed to dress appropriately. So I can do it when I want to.

Personal item. Each airline may have different guidelines. Do check your carriers' policies.

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Thanks. We can bring something else as a personal item as long as it's not bigger than the 20" carry on. My problem is my DH is a large man and his clothes alone will take up a lot of space not to mention the shoes, even if it's only one pair each. Then the electronics, toiletries, etc.

I have to work on a technique. :cool: