Noise Level on the navigation deck suites

Charlie911

I booked a cruise on the Noordam and I'm thinking about switching to a suite on the navigation deck suite SY8099. How much if any noise do get from the lido deck above?

That room is on the last "bend" of the starboard side and above you appears to be a fixed table. You may hear some late night and/or early morning chair moving done by the cleaning crews. If you are a light sleeper (or just annoyed by odd noises) you may not be happy for a few minutes but otherwise I think you'll be fine. JMHO of course, others will vary. :D

Take a look at HALfacts.com and this page http://halfacts.com/8094-zuiderdam/

It's a different ship, same class, location is the same except it's on the port side. The contributor did not note noise as a problem.

Edited by 0bnxshs

That room is on the last "bend" of the starboard side and above you appears to be a fixed table. You may hear some late night and/or early morning chair moving done by the cleaning crews. If you are a light sleeper (or just annoyed by odd noises) you may not be happy for a few minutes but otherwise I think you'll be fine. JMHO of course, others will vary. :D

Take a look at HALfacts.com and this page http://halfacts.com/8094-zuiderdam/

It's a different ship, same class, location is the same except it's on the port side. The contributor did not note noise as a problem.

I see I was the contributor. I don't remember being annoyed by noise from above. If it had been an issue we certainly would have made a note to avoid that cabin in the future. In fact, we were quite pleased with the location and we were in that room for 29 days.

I see I was the contributor. I don't remember being annoyed by noise from above. If it had been an issue we certainly would have made a note to avoid that cabin in the future. In fact, we were quite pleased with the location and we were in that room for 29 days.

Hi sapper1! When I saw you were the contributor I knew that if there had been an issue with noise you would have mentioned it. Thanks for confirming my thoughts on your time in this cabin. :) BTW, it's time for another cruise, isn't it? April seems so long ago, and too far away, now....

Edited by 0bnxshs

Hi sapper1! When I saw you were the contributor I knew that if there had been an issue with noise you would have mentioned it. Thanks for confirming my thoughts on your time in this cabin. :) BTW, it's time for another cruise, isn't it? April seems so long ago, and too far away, now....

We have one coming up in December and are looking forward to seeing you again in April.

Thanks for the info, sounds like noise is not an issue I will upgrade to suite 8099.

I had 8099 on the Oosterdam. There was absolutely no noise coming from the Lido above. We did the Mexican Riviera out of San Diego during early April. We did have a lot of wind on the verandah the entire cruise but no noise.

Diane

Edited by legalslave