Aft cabin 1100 on Serenade

Cabin choice is so subjective, so keep in mind that we always book aft if we can. That being said, 1100 is my favorite cabin. I don't mind the walk at all and I love the privacy of being on the corner. My favorite part is the view, both from the extra large balcony and from the bed. At night, with the drapes open, and with the combination of window and sliding doors, I could watch the a skyful of stars as the boat gently rocked me to sleep.

1100 on the Radiance is my favorite cabin of all time. I imagine that Serenade is identical in layout, if not decor. It's really not that bad of a walk to the aft, although it can seem like it after a night of dancing. The cabin movement isn't terrible either, just some gentle rocking or swaying. In 15 foot waves it's probably a lot more pronounced, but still nothing awful.

The view of the wake is incomparable, IMHO. One note: if you're standing at the railing, the folks on the deck above (outdoor seating for the Windjammer) will be able to see you from the shoulders up, so dress appropriately.:D

And there is NO soot from above - the Radiance class ships burn ultra clean(ly), so no worries about finding stuff on your deck.

Enjoy!

Quick- Get rid of that room.. SO I CAN BOOK IT!! That is one of my favorite rooms. Actually all of the aft rooms are wonderful and in a heartbeat would take any of them. We are on the wait list for 1100 on the Brillance on 12/1/06. Another great room, is 9256.

What week in November are you cruising? We are booked on the Serenade for November 12. We are in a junior suite midship but we are also waitlisted for cabin 1100. If this is your week and you would like to give up that cabin, please know that we would be willing to take it off your hands for you.

I'm feeling pretty lucky at the moment. I didn't get 1100 but this morning I did get 1602 which is the other Aft Junior Suite. I just happened to be looking last night to see how full our sailing was and noticed it was available. I had been booked in a midship Junior Suite for months but I'm so happy as I love those aft balconies.

We had 1100 on Serenade in March of 04 and it is awesome! My only advice is to be sure you are fully clothed if you make your way to the handrail as people in the windjammer can look down on you.

I'll try to post some pictures for you.

Archived