Can I walk to the pier

riddle

I am staying at the Comfort inn, just .2 miles from the port in Manhattan. Family is driving and bring my big suitcase. I will just have a small rolling suitcase. Can I walk from the Comfort Inn to the Gem? Is it safe?

Yes you can walk and it is safe. What is the exact address of your Comfort Inn? The New Yorkers can make precise suggestions as to which streets you should walk down and where to cross 12th Ave to get to the pier entrance.

The walking is safe, but you have to pay attention to the traffic and cross in the right place. I drove past the cruise terminal twice last weekend and it is always busy even when there is no ship there.

I am staying at the Comfort inn, just .2 miles from the port in Manhattan. Family is driving and bring my big suitcase. I will just have a small rolling suitcase. Can I walk from the Comfort Inn to the Gem? Is it safe?

Yes you can walk and it should be a nice stroll on a Saturday morning. Perfectly safe as all the criminals usually sleep until noon on Saturdays.:p

Since you say you're .2 miles from the cruise terminal you must be at the Comfort Inn Midtown West at 548 West 48th St. Your hotel is on W. 48th between 10th and 11th Aves.

The Gem docks at Pier 88, which is at W. 48th and 12th Ave. Just walk west from the hotel...you'll see where Pier 88 is...you can't miss it. Just stay on the sidewalk, and use the crosswalks and obey the traffic signals crossing 111th , and particularly 12th Ave., as the traffic can be quite heavy. The pedestrian entrance to Pier 88 will be right in front of you after you cross 12th Ave. You can take an escalator or elevator up one level from the street level entrance to the check in level of the cruise terminal.

The walk is perfectly safe.

Edited by njhorseman

njhorseman, you said that the Gem docks at Pier 88, what about the Carnival Splendor? Thank you in advance.

Same place within easy walking distance.

Carnival Splendor normally docks at Pier 90, 12th Ave. and 50th St., two blocks north of Pier 88. Both piers are part of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

If you're walking from the same or another hotel on 48th St., when you get to 12th Ave. don't cross the street, instead turn right and walk two blocks north to 50th St. and cross 12th Ave. there.