Deck 4 Norwegian Gem

shasi

Hello,

Sailing on the Norwegian Gem this November and got assigned to cabin #4501

It doesn't look like there is any cabins on the opposite side (across the hall). Is anyone familiar with this deck?

Thanks in advance

Shasi

Hello,

Sailing on the Norwegian Gem this November and got assigned to cabin #4501

It doesn't look like there is any cabins on the opposite side (across the hall). Is anyone familiar with this deck?

Thanks in advance

Shasi

There are a lot of staff cabins on Deck 4 as well as the Medical Center.

We saw the rooms on deck four during the CC. They are small but functional. I would not worry about it. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I enjoyed mine.

Don't miss the shows, the meals in the MDR were so good that I regretted buying the speciality resturant package.

Just have fun

My first cruise was in a porthole cabin on deck 4 on the Jewel (sister ship of the Gem), way forward practically in the bow. It was really convenient anywhere they were using deck 4 for tendering on getting to shore. On high seas I had water coming up over the porthole sometimes.

The only shocking thing was waking up in the morning on Disembarkation day to find myself looking at the knees of the workers unloading and loading stuff.

There's nothing wrong with this deck.

• 5 months later...

I'm looking at Deck 4 on Gem for a sailing next year. Are the deck plans accurate in that the OV cabins starting at cabin 4500 and working down are truly that much larger than those further down the hall? It appears so, if the deck plans are true to scale, but thought I'd check.

If this is the deck for embarkation/disembarkation I see that as a plus!

I can't really tell you how big the room was but we were pleasantly surprised. For an inside cabin it was roomy.

For the bad news I would never book 4th floor again. We had rough weather going out in Nov. leaving from NY. Water was very High covering and crashing into out porthole window like a washing machine effect. On 4th floor you can hear every wave crash against the ship. Once in warmer waters I recovered but would not do that again. I would definitely choose a much higher floor.

I do hope you have a great time enjoy your cruise no matter what floor you choose

We are on deck 4 for our upcoming 3/27 Gem cruise, this will be our 2nd time on this deck and we had absolutely no problem with it, we get 2 rooms and these were are the most affordable to travel during a break week, my daughter also gets sea sick so being low helps with that! I used the stairs a lot so hopefully that will help with all the eating! I think the last time we were in 4528/30 and this time we are in 4570/72, I liked that when we were getting off the ship to go to a port we didn't get stuck with everyone waiting to get on an elevator to get off, you should have no problem!

Jennifer

We stayed in 4501 on Jewel (sister ship) several years back.

There is some sort of maintenance shop or something directly fwd of that cabin. I commented that it sounded like they were building another ship in there.

And yes, you can hear the ship pushing through the waves, anchors dropping...

Good luck getting to your cabin when everyone else wants off the ship. You will have to reverse-navigate the line.

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone! I showed the responses to DH and we decided to switch to Deck 5. The meeting rooms on Deck 6 will be right above us, but that's a-ok with us. Thanks for your help!

Not sure where yours is, but I just sailed in 4585. I actually liked being on the deck where you disembark for ports. I liked being central to the ship. There was def less movement in this area (we had some bad rocking too). The only thing I disliked was the stench on this floor. It smelled like a sewer and I'm not sure why. Yuck!