ist time we have booked an inside cabin guarantee

iamcruisingagain

As long as you will be happy with an inside cabin anywhere on the ship, it is fine. That is what you may end up with. If you really want something else, I would book the preferred category. Personally, we have location and category preferences and prefer to book what we want.

When a guarantee is available, we always book it. We are able to cruise more often due to the savings. For our upcoming b2b, we booked an inside guarantee for the first cruise and an ocean view for 2nd cruise. We were upgraded for each cruise but within the categories. We will have to change cabins on this b2b but really saved a lot of money. Was hoping to get upgraded to ov for first sailing but cruise is pretty much sold out and we leave in 2 weeks. We have never been disappointed with our assigned guarantee cabin. Check back here and let us know your cabin assignment!

I booked guaranteed inside cabin for our trip on the silhouette and was assigned 1092 midship. I am pleased with this allocation and location, from what I can see it appears a little wider than the balcony staterooms.

Of course I would have loved a balcony stateroom but with a price increase of over 1300 euro per couple it couldn't be justified.

As long as I am cruising I am happy :)

I've booked three inside gty's.

The first one I was given an OV which I upgraded to a balcony gty and got a 1a.

The second I booked an inside gty and got a cat 9 on deck 10 (great cabin I've actually booked the same cabin for a cruise next year)

The third I booked an inside cat 12 gty and got one of the new cat 9 inside cabins on deck 11 on the Infinity, after a huge price drop I had to go back in the gty pool and got allocated the same cabin within 30 minutes! :D

I'm prepared to take the worst cabin on the ship (we call it the cupboard under the stairs) that way I can never be dissapointed :)

I've booked three inside gty's.

The first one I was given an OV which I upgraded to a balcony gty and got a 1a.

The second I booked an inside gty and got a cat 9 on deck 10 (great cabin I've actually booked the same cabin for a cruise next year)

The third I booked an inside cat 12 gty and got one of the new cat 9 inside cabins on deck 11 on the Infinity, after a huge price drop I had to go back in the gty pool and got allocated the same cabin within 30 minutes! :D

I'm prepared to take the worst cabin on the ship (we call it the cupboard under the stairs) that way I can never be dissapointed :)[/quote

I have been allocated cat 9 on deck 10 (1092) for Silhouette cruise next week, can you tell me why you think this is a great cabin? is it bigger than the lower cat. cabins?? what lay out ect.

So jealous you guys have this flexibility...with a travel partner prone to seasickness, we have to pay more to assure a midship, lower level cabin. I would book those guarantees in a minute...what a great deal to pay less, then possibly get an upgrade to boot. But not worth the money saved if one's partner ends up in the bathroom or in bed for most of the trip.:(

I'm sorry, being fairly new to Celebrity, how does this gty cabin work? I have just booked for next year and consider I got a good deal with their 1,2,3 offer. Is it an American deal or is it also available her in UK? Sorry if I am being stupid! It's all the excitement of the Scottish referendum!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone ever book that way? Good or bad idea?;)

All the time. We wait until after final payment and the price of the inside guarantees usually drops. You just have to be happy with whatever cabin they give you.

For us it's always a good idea. It has saved us many, many $$ booking like that. Plus we get our shareholder benefit OBC and Celebrity Visa Rewards OBC, so we still get perks booking this way.

If we book PYP or 123GO we have to book Ocean View or higher and at high rates and then can't combine it with our Shareholder OBC. We always do the math and booking inside guarantees always wins.