Anyone ever book Atlantis onboard?

Our kids want to go to Atlantis again on our Enchantment cruise next July. I've always purchased this excursion with Royal beforehand. I just read a review where the person said they waited until they were onboard to book it and it was cheaper too. Anyone ever done this?

I would book 2 rooms at the Atlantis and have one person buy the daypass. If you try to book for one night the price skyrockets. You can book for 2 nights on line and then call and cancel one of the nights and keep the lower per night rate (you may have to make a few calls to do actually get this done). It is still pricy, but very convenient having a room there. I booked one night at the cove a few years ago and also booked a beach cabana for the same day, it was a lot of money, but we split it four ways so total cost was about $400 each. The cabana was phenomenal though and well worth the splurge.

There is a tour operator in the Bahamas that can book Atlantis ahead of time at a better rate than the ship. I'm not allowed to name them here (I don't think) but if you search the Bahamas board, you will find plenty of references to them.

They do not advertise the fact that they do this, but when you email them, they confirm everything. I have used them before with no problems.

On the ship would be the same price as through Cruise Planner unless Atlantis is running a special of some kind, like they have been doing recently.

We have just taken a taxi to Atlantis and purchased the passes right there. Cheaper than through RCI. I have heard that they do limit the number of passes they sell but we have had no problems.

What did you pay per and what does it encompass. Also, is there a seasonal price.

What did you pay per and what does it encompass. Also, is there a seasonal price.

I think that it does vary by season. I don't have the exact numbers but it was around $30-$40pp cheaper than RCI's excursion. Of course then you had to pay transportation which was $8pp round trip for a taxi. Saved our family of 4 over $100.

The other nice thing is you can leave for Atlantis earlier than the excursion and stay later getting more time at the park.

The package that we get is the one for the waterpark that also includes access to the aquarium.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The package prices do vary by season, holidays, load factors, etc. The price offered through Royal is pretty constant and always higher than what Atlantis's prices are. Lately the ship has been offering the waterpark pass for $139 for adults, which is much lower than usual, as it is has been slow there.

But at the resort itself I have seen it fluctuate. There is truly great information on all of this at the Bahamas board. And the tour operator I mention charges the same rate as Atlantis does - no add on. If there are going to be a lot of ships in port or it is a busy holiday weekend, you can avoid being shut out by waiting until to get there.

Thanx MattInFLL. I've seen the name of the tour operator that you're talking about. I will be giving them a call after the holidays to set things up. I've done it thru Royal twice, once for 4 of us and once for just the two of us, and I would do it that way again but with 9 people all expecting me to get them in there I need to see if we can save a little money.