world cruises

oofroggie

Scrapnana?

Correct! Thanks to those of you who read my blog. It was my first and I really enjoyed writing it.

oofroggie,

If you go to the first entry (April 29, 2013) you will see why I chose Cunard over my first choice HAL.

Edited by Scrapnana

• 4 weeks later...
HAL vs Cunard. Have done 3 world cruises on HAL and just booked 2016 on the Queen Victoria. If anyone has done both I am in need of useful information on the difference between the two. I have also posted on Cunard.

Hi: If you don't like to dress up, you will be told to stay in your room after 6pm, with an exception of Lido deck dinner. this rule is clearly posted on the ship and daily news. I felt discriminated and uncomfortable on QE2, I wouldn't go even it is FREE. Yes, I am an experience cruiser and 10 cruises under the belt only this year. Michael

It is easier for women to adhere to the dress code than men. Put on a little black dress and you are good to go on a formal night.

There were some people who did not "dress" on formal nights and the only place I ever saw anyone turned away was in the MDR. Men do need a jacket and tie for formal nights in the MDR.

From what I have read there are far fewer formal nights on Cunard now than in the days of QE2.

It is easier for women to adhere to the dress code than men. Put on a little black dress and you are good to go on a formal night.

There were some people who did not "dress" on formal nights and the only place I ever saw anyone turned away was in the MDR. Men do need a jacket and tie for formal nights in the MDR.

From what I have read there are far fewer formal nights on Cunard now than in the days of QE2.

Love this piece of advice!