Surprise!!

WayneW0nder

Hellooo Cruise Critic I'm brand new.

I'm so excited, I'll try and keep this short.

My now fiancé is a nurse she use to be a travel nurse, loves to travel, her best friends always say if and when you get married its probably going to be a destination wedding.

My 1st cruise ever was on the Carnival Breeze 2012-2013 New Years cruise OMG AMAZING!!

Loved it so much we booked again, but my girlfriend had no idea this will not just be a New Years Cruise.

I proposed to her on April 27 2014 my moms birthday, in Las Vegas ,she said yes thank God.

We get back from Vegas then she says we have to start wedding planning venues etc, I tell her don't worry about the venue I got that covered, The New Years Cruise we booked, is our destination wedding it's all paid for she totally broke down and started crying tears of joy and happiness.

We're getting married Dec 30th 2014 Carnival Breeze I love her soooo much. Sorry for the long post.

Any advice anyone can share please do thank you.

Sent from my iphone using Forums

Edited by WayneW0nder

Congratulations!

You've definitely come to a good spot for info. The info out there is somewhat limited on cruise weddings, but this forum is the best help ever. If you have any questions, there are awesome people here, or just peruse the past posts. There is a wealth of information in the old posts.

My best advice is to relax and enjoy the ride. Cruise weddings are a different animal and not for everyone. The one thing some people have trouble with is the lack of information. There are a lot of details you don't know until right before the cruise, so if you want to control every detail, cruise wedding will drive you crazy. But, if you can trust the system and let the ship/coordinators handle the little details, it's an awesome way to go. I dreaded having to plan every last detail, which is why we opted for a cruise wedding. And I trusted that they do this all the time and know what they are doing, and I gave myself permission to not stress over it. And my wedding was amazing. We couldn't imagine it being any more perfect than what we had. Hopefully your wedding turns out just as awesome.

Congratulations!

You've definitely come to a good spot for info. The info out there is somewhat limited on cruise weddings, but this forum is the best help ever. If you have any questions, there are awesome people here, or just peruse the past posts. There is a wealth of information in the old posts.

My best advice is to relax and enjoy the ride. Cruise weddings are a different animal and not for everyone. The one thing some people have trouble with is the lack of information. There are a lot of details you don't know until right before the cruise, so if you want to control every detail, cruise wedding will drive you crazy. But, if you can trust the system and let the ship/coordinators handle the little details, it's an awesome way to go. I dreaded having to plan every last detail, which is why we opted for a cruise wedding. And I trusted that they do this all the time and know what they are doing, and I gave myself permission to not stress over it. And my wedding was amazing. We couldn't imagine it being any more perfect than what we had. Hopefully your wedding turns out just as awesome.

Thank you NL2143.

We're definitely taking notes.

The cruise wedding was definitely the best choice because Jamaica is my 1st home, now my family in Jamaica will be able to attend the wedding will be held on the beach in Ocho Rios Jamaica and reception back on board.

Being Jamaican made the communication with the island dreams wedding planner much easier.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you NL2143.

We're definitely taking notes.

The cruise wedding was definitely the best choice because Jamaica is my 1st home, now my family in Jamaica will be able to attend the wedding will be held on the beach in Ocho Rios Jamaica and reception back on board.

Being Jamaican made the communication with the island dreams wedding planner much easier.

Awww! I think this sounds absolutely wonderful!

Have you thought about doing rafting on the Martha Brae or doing some other photos on a small sailboat or other boat in your wedding attire right after the ceremony? Then go back to the ship for the reception...

There are so many fun and picturesque things to do in Jamaica!

Anyway, wishing you both the very best!

[Q UOTE=SuiteTraveler;44447388]Awww! I think this sounds absolutely wonderful!

Have you thought about doing rafting on the Martha Brae or doing some other photos on a small sailboat or other boat in your wedding attire right after the ceremony? Then go back to the ship for the reception...

There are so many fun and picturesque things to do in Jamaica!

Anyway, wishing you both the very best!

Thanks for the info we will definitely look into that because we really would like some amazing photos.