Grand Turk brides - CCL - 2.23.15

Lauraally

Are there any other Grand Turk brides, either past, present or future who can share either information or experiences? :)

We will get married on day 3, on the beaches of Grand Turk at Osprey Beach Hotel. No reception on the boat, small "get together" at the hotel bar/restaurant following the ceremony, then more pics back on the boat.

That's about all I know so far. I wanted no stress/drama, but I feel like I should be stressing?? What am I missing?? :rolleyes: :eek:

It can't be this easy, right?? I want simple, but is this too simple that I'll be disappointed because I didn't think of something??

I am a present CCL Grand Turk bride.!.! :D

My wedding is set for 12/19/14; Day 6; last port; of our 8 day cruise and will take place on the beaches at the Osprey Beach Hotel!

As of today, we have 30 guests cruising with us so no small intimate experience here. Besides my wedding dress, we decided to go with beach casual attire (button down short sleeve and linen shorts for the groom).

We have elected to have the best of both worlds... Beach ceremony with an onboard reception. Following the ceremony, we will return to the CCL Freedom for our 1.5 hour open-bar reception in the nightclub with a DJ.

I will be gladly to answer all your questions.

I am a present CCL Grand Turk bride.!.! :D

My wedding is set for 12/19/14; Day 6; last port; of our 8 day cruise and will take place on the beaches at the Osprey Beach Hotel!

As of today, we have 30 guests cruising with us so no small intimate experience here. Besides my wedding dress, we decided to go with beach casual attire (button down short sleeve and linen shorts for the groom).

We have elected to have the best of both worlds... Beach ceremony with an onboard reception. Following the ceremony, we will return to the CCL Freedom for our 1.5 hour open-bar reception in the nightclub with a DJ.

I will be gladly to answer all your questions.

Sorry I haven't been on the message boards to see your reply. Thank you!

We are also going casual beyond the wedding dress: Dave's attire will mirror your groom with the exception of pants instead of shorts.

Ours will be an intimate experience with maybe 3 - 4 couples cruising and 2 - 3 couples staying on Grand Turk and coming to the wedding. It could be more, it could be less.

What are you doing for your flowers, someone posted that the Carnival wedding coordinators forgot to bring her flowers on board? Are you getting the arch? Are you paying the extra amount to have the room at Osprey to get ready? How are you getting your guests from the ship to the hotel?

Lets start there... :)

What are you doing for your flowers, someone posted that the Carnival wedding coordinators forgot to bring her flowers on board? Are you getting the arch? Are you paying the extra amount to have the room at Osprey to get ready? How are you getting your guests from the ship to the hotel?

Lets start there... :)

I actually choose to do the Two Pillars with Spandex Covers and Two Clear Tall Vases filled with white starfish instead of an arch to mark our ceremony spot. I paid for white folding chairs for everyone (which will be set up in a spiral so Everyone would get a front row seat as I walk to the ceremony space). I also paid for round-trip transportation ($18.00 pp) through the Shoreside Ceremony Upgrade Form. I did elect to get the Day Room at the Osprey hotel to get ready. Me, My daughter (flower girl), My Maid of Honor, My Mother, & my cousin whom is my make-up/hair stylist will leave ship as soon as we port for the hotel.

I ordered my bouquets and boutonnières through Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/204552319/reserved-tropical-bridal-bouquets?ref=shop_home_active_1

• 1 month later...

Hola!

My wife and I got married on Grand Turk at the Osprey last year. I've been meaning to write up a review forever, but just never get around to it! If you have any questions about anything just let me know! I've got pictures of everything involved etc if there's anything you want to see. The entire experience was over the top and all the Carnival employees met or usually far exceeded our expectations. You two are going to love it ;)

10h0chl.jpg

15s9c48.jpg

2hg4i0z.jpg

Edited by Oceanborn

Wow! Seems like yesterday that we were at the 1mo waiting mark, congratulations! Now we're at the 1 week mark waiting for our 1st anniversary cruise :D. I'm sure things are going to be perfect for you.

I saw you mention that you had flower girls? I'm not sure if you all ready had any special plans made for them, but I know we were told that we were not allowed to bring any off island flowers etc to be used for the flower girls. They said that we could bring fake petals as long as we picked them up. However my wife called the Osprey and asked them if they could arrange anything and they happily said that they would arrange for local flowers to be gathered and prepared for the flower girls to drop which they did perfectly. They didn't ask for compensation, but we tipped them for being so helpful.

I'd post up a video of the Osprey and the Beach, but there's probably something to be said for seeing it yourself for the 1st time in real life ; )

Edited by Oceanborn

• 5 weeks later...
Wow! Seems like yesterday that we were at the 1mo waiting mark, congratulations! Now we're at the 1 week mark waiting for our 1st anniversary cruise :D. I'm sure things are going to be perfect for you.

I saw you mention that you had flower girls? I'm not sure if you all ready had any special plans made for them, but I know we were told that we were not allowed to bring any off island flowers etc to be used for the flower girls. They said that we could bring fake petals as long as we picked them up. However my wife called the Osprey and asked them if they could arrange anything and they happily said that they would arrange for local flowers to be gathered and prepared for the flower girls to drop which they did perfectly. They didn't ask for compensation, but we tipped them for being so helpful.

I'd post up a video of the Osprey and the Beach, but there's probably something to be said for seeing it yourself for the 1st time in real life ; )

Did y'all do a lot of coordinating with Carnival? It sees/feels like I'm not stressing enough - but I'm not. What am I missing?

So sorry for the delayed reply, but this is my EXTREME busy time at work, that's why we're waiting until the end of Feb to get married.

Turbette: was it everything you hoped? Pics? From your original post, I think you are on your wedding cruise right now. :)

Edited by Lauraally

Turbette: was it everything you hoped? Pics? From your original post, I think you are on your wedding cruise right now. :)

We are 9 days from cruise and 15 days from wedding.

I am so nervous that I have forgot something but at this point it is what it is.

I will definitely post a review and answer all your questions when I return.

• 3 weeks later...

So we just got back..... The wedding ceremony was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't have dreamt of a more perfect location. The scenery was stunning.

We had a little hiccup with the reception, however. I paid for the Time to Celebrate...BIG! package and only got the Time to Celebrate package in the 70s Nightclub with a DJ. So we had no ice carving and only had an hour reception which literally felt like enough time for 1st dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, and cake cutting. My sister-in-law attempted to say something to the Carnival wedding hostess and she was blown off. At the time, I let it be and approached her the next morning with my paperwork. She apologized over and over, copied my paper work and forwarded it to the powers to be (hopefully I get a refund for the extra money). We had no complaints other than that.

P.S. I don't know how much you have set aside for pictures but I would be prepared to spend more. I absolutely fell in LOVE with the photographer Attreo. His work was amazing. I spent a good bit of money I didn't plan on spending when I saw my pictures....

P.S. I don't know how much you have set aside for pictures but I would be prepared to spend more. I absolutely fell in LOVE with the photographer Attreo. His work was amazing. I spent a good bit of money I didn't plan on spending when I saw my pictures....

Was your photographer from Carnival? Or was he a local vendor?

we are traveling on carnival to grand turk but im not happy with what carnival offers. and i hate the not knowing anything till last min. i am a planner. has anyone used a wedding planner fron the sland itself and not through carnival? i have found a few out there but im trying to decide if its a smart way to go.

• 2 months later...
we are traveling on carnival to grand turk but im not happy with what carnival offers. and i hate the not knowing anything till last min. i am a planner. has anyone used a wedding planner fron the sland itself and not through carnival? i have found a few out there but im trying to decide if its a smart way to go.

I am doing my own ceremony/luncheon arrangements with the Bohio Hotel in Grand Turk which is gorgeous and having a 2 hour reception back onboard.

Ginny the owner at Bohio is great to work with. Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...
I am doing my own ceremony/luncheon arrangements with the Bohio Hotel in Grand Turk which is gorgeous and having a 2 hour reception back onboard.

Ginny the owner at Bohio is great to work with. Hope this helps :)

We are just looking into booking ourselves through Bohio rather than through Carnival!! Love to get feedback. Looking to legalize before our trip to avoid stress of making it legal there. Don't love this idea but think in the end it will be worth it.

Our cruise is booked for Aug 13th 2016. My biggest stress is the port time 7am to 2 pm. Seems like this will be tight.

Do you have a trip report of your wedding or are you still planning like we are?