Be Glad You are not on a TA Cruise

AFT_LOVER

The houseboy, Wayne, is very accommodating so we'll have to see which services we use this trip! Will keep you posted, bob!

You all know, I'm sure, how VERY important it is to know the owners of a resort or ship when you are spending time there. Otherwise, one might become just another one of the great unwashed instead of the very important people that we are.

No large aft veranda on this trip, but we do have the Owner's Suite with a separate Cabana with Living Room, Bath and Wet Bar (that's where Wayne comes in handy). Did I mention Wayne is also a masseuse? Might even get a Brazilian Wax while I'm there!

I wanted to send you all a picture in my flowy white dress with my waist length red hair cascading down my back. But every time I tried to take the picture, the screen read 'fatal error, too much ego'. Does anyone know what this means?

Actually, my friend that goes with me is older and she prefers to drive. So, of course, they will send the limo up for us. Fully stocked with champagne, of course! I just don't like to brag about my special perks always given because of who we are and who we know.

The Limo ride is fun and Oscar will stop and prepare drinks for us at any time. Sweet!

Tootles!

Blazer, I love my Volvo. It's a beautiful red convertible. I loved it alot more before Phil mentioned that it's just another Ford. :)

Tuggers, You think you're special? I've been invited to a birthday party tomorrow night. It's being thrown by the unmarried daughter, with a red headed step child, of a friend of ours who has nothing but red neck friends. There will be no alchohol served because the young father can't resist drugs if he consumes any alchohol. The fare will be hamburgers and hot dogs and if I'm really lucky I won't be arrested just for being on the property.

I know I sound like an ungrateful guest but I'm only going because I have a hard time saying no. I can't wait. On the upside, I bought a nice gift. :D

See, you're not the only one living the good life.

Gail...love it! But where's the private jet that's coming to pick you up?

Karyn

Tuggers just forgot to tell you. My son is diverting one of the DC10s from his airline to stop by Alabama to pick up Gail and her friend. This specially built plane as everything in the large first-class section. lounge chairs, TV and DVD, a French chef and free flight-to-ground telephone.

Thee is so much safety aboard that th cockpit doors are not locked, and privilegeed passengers may take a turn at the controls.

Last time I used it, he took the whole family, kids and all, for a long weekend at Las Vegas and we drank up almost a case of Dom Perignon with our hors d'oeuvres.

What time do you want us to stop by to pick up you and your friend, Gail?

love

joan

Hey Gail, Please post pic of your trip. Especially of your long red hair and that bikini. Somehow I remember you a little different but I am getting up in age now and my memory is not as good as it used to be. ;) Pat

Tuggers!:mad: You're not suposed to make me snort out loud with laughter when the VP is in the next office! TOOO funny.:D

BT, Mom has a silver Volvo convertible, and I just spent a few days in Vermont/ New Hampsire tooling around in it- lots of fun- more so than my 7 year old stationwagon!:o And have a good time at the birthday party! My two step brothers are "Neck Tan Enhannced" too, so it sounds familiar.:rolleyes:

Blazer, Rednecks don't come from Boston. I'm guessing "step" means imports. Actually, I'm sorry I said anything. The red ones didn't show up. It was all family. Very simple but a very nice time with nice people. By the way, the young father wasn't there either. He's in detox.

The Volvo C70 is fun to drive. I know you don't watch LifeTime movies but in every single one of them they are driving Volvo stationwagons. You must be on to something. :)

Hey BT, I guess in another life I was a Soccer Mom or a Swede, because this is my fourth Volvo wagon.:rolleyes:

And, yes the "steps" are from South Carolina, and have pickup trucks with real red dirt on the sides, and shot gun racks in the cabs, too- that is, unless they're driving their Trans-ams/Camaros. It's a foreign world to me, but they're actually all right. They put up with an effete New England snob like me, so I give them a lot of credit! I am DEFINITELY not what they're used to.

I'll never forget visiting Mom when she lived in S.C. and one of my step brothers chose the restaurant for dinner: an all-you-can-eat Pizza buffet (pronounced BOOOO-fay) with pitchers of sweet tea. Not a piece of arugula or endive in sight, but it was, at least, better than his other choice- "Po' Folks," where if it wasn't deep fried, it wasn't food!:eek:

Archived