Chef's table

Baker City Mom

link of same thread already started.

posting # 11 pictures

posting #13 # menu

posting # 27 video of the food (superb, if does't make you sign in, i dunno what will)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088631&highlight=chef+s+table+menu

I will definitelly wear Button-down shirt and dress pants for men for this type of event, i just do not want to wear a suit while i am in vacation.:(

We go to Chef's Table on every cruise. We have noticed one or two sport coats for men which were taken off within minutes. The same dress you see in the MDR will work although I've never noticed jeans or tee shirts. Polo shirts and slacks or long sleeve shirt are fine. Food is great, the tour conducted by the Executive Chef is great and the wine is free flowing. It almost always sells out, book early.

Edited by rvsullivan

Got off the Star on Sept 22nd. We had a suite and were celebrating our 40th anniversary. Informed the pre-cruise concierge of such and requested assistance in booking the Chef's Table. Was informed by the Star's concierge when we checked in that our request had been honored and that the meal was scheduled for Sept 20th; our anniversary. What a treat!

Excellent food and service. Plenty of good wine to wash things down.

One other couple was in a suite, but I do not know if any of the other guests at the table were or were not.

Dress ranged from open collar button down shirt sans sports coat or blazer, to tuxedo (that was us).

Because the cruise ended 36 hours later, we really didn't have time for follow-up socializing with our table mates.

Photos attached.

20140920-ChefsTableMenuCover-NorewgianStar-1.jpg.html

20140920-ChefsTableNorwegianStar-Menu-1.jpg

20140920-ChefsTableNorwegianStar-1.jpg

20140920-ChefsTableNorwegianStar--40thAnniversery-1.jpg

Is Chef's Table usually a sea day or port day? Or is there a pattern? I'm considering seeing if there is availability for CT when I board the ship. But, I'm hoping it's scheduled for a sea day...

Got off the Star on Sept 22nd. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary. ... the meal was scheduled for Sept 20th; our anniversary. What a treat!

Happy anniversary! How lovely that CT fell on your actual anniversary. :D

When people say "collared shirt" does that mean polo/golf shirt? I.e. anything above a t-shirt? I'm no formal fetishist but for the Chef's Table I'd put on at least a button-down.

I wore slacks & a golf shirt when we attended the dinner on the Gem... I wasn't the only one either.

The chef's table on the POA still had seats available on the day of the dinner (Day 6, 1st day on Kauai)... but we already had other plans, so we passed.

If you look at the picture above the Chefs Table is one of the few times dressing up a bit is called for. It is an elegant dinner that deserves a little effort. I always pack a blazer and button down shirt at least for this special night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim