Monsters of Rock AND Celtic Thunder?!!

flahagan

I told her the same thing - not paying that much for the Nov. 12th sailing. She said they charge more due to it being a theme cruise and cost of the entertainment is included in the increased price. I'm happy with a regular cabin and will have a great time there for 4 days and look forward to the butler "moving me on up" on the 12th.

I agree with you Cruiser!!! A balcony for 580.00 is a great price for a 4 day sailing,,add in a couple of Allegrissimo Escapes and all will be well. Who knows,,we might even look into booking a MORC if we can get a good price!!!

Well I've been chuckling my way thru this thread for the last 15 minutes. as a cruiser of 3 MOR trips I can tell you that we are a very well behaved group, all 5,000 or so of us, (we sell out every year). We're not head-bangers, slam dancers or anything else but 80's music loving fans of the greatest hair bands that ever played.

While in the terminal last year two crew members were talking, one a "newbie" was asking about us, (he looked scared!). The seasoned one told him that our group is great, it was the Oakland Raiders fans that gives them the most trouble! :)

I agree with you Cruiser!!! A balcony for 580.00 is a great price for a 4 day sailing,,add in a couple of Allegrissimo Escapes and all will be well. Who knows,,we might even look into booking a MORC if we can get a good price!!!

Hey Mike! What's the latest update? Were you able to get a cabin on deck 12?

Michelle

When a statement begins with "Trust Me" you usually can't! I would strongly advise anyone who has the chance, to join in and book the Celtic Thunder Cruise! It is a full boat charter and a minimal number of cabins were offered to past On The Blue cruisers as a reward! As a CT fan and alumni of last year's CT Cruise, I look forward to seeing the CT fan base expand! After all, they are fantastic talents and the whole reason for the cruise. To the MORC Alumni...please don't judge all of us based on rude comments by someone who may not even be a CT Fan at all! Also, you may be surprised to find a few of "The Lads" are more "Rock" than you expect.:cool: I think it's going to be a great mix of people and I bet there will be some 'Weirdos' in both camps! As for Golden Bonny.....if an entire Cruise Ship the size of the Divina can "smell like a pub" and the crew was unable to get passengers off the ship.....I'm surprised MSC is even allowed to sail at all and I trust you don't sail with them after that traumatic experience:rolleyes:

I did not sail with them and I never would . I sailed after them . Smell of

vomiting in hallways ,pool needed to be drained I can go on and on . Crew members been very happy when this cruise was over . MSC will allow any group to book why not as long as they get money . there is even nude cruises :rolleyes: . my point is if you belong to group you should book if not ,stay away .

I'm the OP and have enjoyed reading everyone's views on this. In the end, we decided that a theme cruise on Divina is probably not for us.

We enjoyed their own entertainment so much - it was a highlight of our cruise - and just liked relaxing by the beautiful pools and utilizing the great lounges and bars. So while we do plan on sailing on the Divina again, we decided against this cruise. We're just not into anything high-energy right now.

We actually booked a 5-nt cruise on Ruby Princess for around the same time period and got a great deal - $199 pp and $200 pp OBC. $400 shipboard credit was too much to pass up! We haven't sailed Princess in years so it should be interesting, anyway.

I look forward to reading about everyone's Divina experience when you return - have a great time!

Flanagan, never mind above. Just called Princess and booked same deal. One of the best yet. Thanks again, Stormy

Great - so glad you got the deal! We're on the Nov. 3 sailing. Are you on that one or the one following? We just did Grand Cayman and Coz in March on Divina so thought we'd try something a little different. You really can't go wrong with this deal.