Southampton Hotels

bertie1992

We always have the cruise package at Holiday Inn with one night b and b ('all you can eat' breakfast) up to 15 nts parking and free taxi to ship and to hotel on return..... Nice, spacious rooms with comfy beds....we always ask for (and get) room facing whichever berth we are leaving from, so we can see the ship in the morning! This hotel (Herbert Walker Ave.) is the closest to the waterfront of all and I would recommend for the simplicity of the whole procedure!

To continue the S-O-T theme....my mother was born in Hanley!!!!

Edited by jenny wren

To continue the S-O-T theme....my mother was born in Hanley!!!!

The phrase is 'up Hanley Duck' ;)

I have to smile every time I read this thread - everyone seems to have a link somewhere to SOT. We will look out for the R&W shirts the next time we are cruising !

Re the DeVere - must admit, we had thought of booking it in the past, but the reviews on TripAdvisor weren't too good. It does seem to have had a nice make over recently though, but when we priced it up it was a lot more expensive than the Holiday Inn for a room with a direct sea view. I think we'll stay with the HI now. :) I must admit, I am surprised that DeVere sold it as it must be a gold mine !